Thread: Draining Water Cooling System

Default Draining Water Cooling System

Can anyone help me by letting me know how they drain there system.

What i normaly do it disatach one of the pump ports and hold it over a dish bowl but i dont think this is the best way. Is it possible to drain using a fill port? i understand it says fill and not drain so im not holding my breath on that.

Thanks

Default Re: Draining Water Cooling System

ya if you really wanted to you could find the lowest point in your system and then cut the tubing add a T line then run the tubing to the bottom of the case and cap it with either a fill port or what ever you want as long as it holds.

for the mean time you can just flip the case upside down and use your fill port as a drain.
    CPU: Q6600 G0 3.5GHz@1.4v (4.2GHz max) / 4790k 4.8ghz @1.265v
    GPU: 9800GTX /GTX780 hydrocopper
    Ram: Samsung 4GB /gskill 16gb DDR3 1600
    Mobo: EVGA-NF68-A1 680i (P32) /AsRock Extreme6
    PSU: Enermax Galaxy 850Watt /EVGA 850 G2
    HDD: OCZ 120GB Vertex4, Samsung evo 840 250GB
    LCD: Samsung 32" LN32A450, Samsung 226BW 22" wide
    Sound: Logtiech Z 5500
    CPU & GPU: 3x Swiftech MCR320, 2x MCP655, MCW60 R2, Dtek Fuzion V2, 18 high speed yates @ 5v

Lowest point usually. If you can't get to the lowest point, unlpug everything by the pump, unplug the pump outlet and pump the water out? I have NO idea if that would work at all, but you never know.

Quote Originally Posted by Spawn-Inc View Post
    ya if you really wanted to you could find the lowest point in your system and then cut the tubing add a T line then run the tubing to the bottom of the case and cap it with either a fill port or what ever you want as long as it holds.

for the mean time you can just flip the case upside down and use your fill port as a drain.
    Thanks for that, sounds like it will work. + Rep

Yeah I have one fillport at the top of my case, but when I switched the system out I just disconnected everything and took out the complete system.

In retrospect it would be easier to get a second fillport for the bottom of the case.

I have been thinking about this a lot, and the easiest way to empty the case would be to have one branch of a t-connection lead to a "switch" to allow/block water flow, and then I would put in a male connector after the switch. Every time I need to drain the case I just connect a tube to the male connector to go far away from the case, and open the gate. I could turn the pump on if I needed to but, depending on where the gate is, it might not be necessary.

if those DD fill ports where like 2-3 i would grab two but no way in hell i'm paying $22 for two of them.
    CPU: Q6600 G0 3.5GHz@1.4v (4.2GHz max) / 4790k 4.8ghz @1.265v
    GPU: 9800GTX /GTX780 hydrocopper
    Ram: Samsung 4GB /gskill 16gb DDR3 1600
    Mobo: EVGA-NF68-A1 680i (P32) /AsRock Extreme6
    PSU: Enermax Galaxy 850Watt /EVGA 850 G2
    HDD: OCZ 120GB Vertex4, Samsung evo 840 250GB
    LCD: Samsung 32" LN32A450, Samsung 226BW 22" wide
    Sound: Logtiech Z 5500
    CPU & GPU: 3x Swiftech MCR320, 2x MCP655, MCW60 R2, Dtek Fuzion V2, 18 high speed yates @ 5v

Yeah they're just over-glorified corks!

lol... i went out and bought two for my watercooling kit but i kinda didnt get round to put the drain on it.. xD

but the solution i use is what you said.. because i watercool my gfx card i put a bowl under that and just undo the two clamps on it and slowly pull it off.. the thing i dont like about doing that is that there is water drags noramlly left in the line and that you run the risk of a leak by not screwing them back up properly..
    Basic Math:
    1 + 1 = 2
    1 * 1 = 1