Page 33 of 52 FirstFirst ... 23282930313233343536373843 ... LastLast

Thread: The Riddle Thread

Like a Lightning Bolt in Your Cheerios! Drum Thumper's Avatar

Default Re: The Riddle Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Luke122 View Post
    Sadly, these aren't the best in my repertoire. But it's all I got left. Enjoy!

He stands beside the road in a purple cap and tattered green cloak. Those who touch him, curse him.
    Poison oak

Sorry

Cannot be seen, cannot be felt, cannot be heard, cannot be smelt. It lies behind the stars and beneath the hills. Ends life and kills laughter.
    Darkness

Yep

Old Mother Twitchett had but one eye, and a long tail which she let fly; and every time she went through a gap, a bit of her tail she left in a trap.
    She's a needle

Yep

Brothers or sisters have I none, but that mans father is my fathers son. Who is that man?
    Your son.

Again, sorry

What's the difference between a penniless man and a feather bed?
    ?

Two brothers we are, great burdens we bear, all day we are bitterly pressed; Yet this I will say - we are full all the day, and empty when we go to rest.
    ? A printing press?

Nope

White bird, featherless, flyin' out o' paradise, flyin' over sea and land, dyin' in my hand.
    ?

Who is it that rows quickly with four oars but never comes out from under his own roof?
    A turtle

Yes
    I'll be back around 7pm Mountain time. Should give everyone enough time to finish these out.
    Quote Originally Posted by artoodeeto View Post
    aw heck guys. We're modders. Let's just build our own, shall we?

DrumThumper.net || The Brewing Art ||
    My Flickr Stream

He stands beside the road in a purple cap and tattered green cloak. Those who touch him, curse him.
    thistle?
    Last edited by jdbnsn; 12-18-2007 at 06:54 PM.
    "At the midpoint on the journey of life, I found myself in a dark forest, for the clear path was lost..." -Dante Alighieri

Two brothers we are, great burdens we bear, all day we are bitterly pressed; Yet this I will say - we are full all the day, and empty when we go to rest.
    shoes?
    Last edited by jdbnsn; 12-18-2007 at 06:54 PM.
    "At the midpoint on the journey of life, I found myself in a dark forest, for the clear path was lost..." -Dante Alighieri

White bird, featherless, flyin' out o' paradise, flyin' over sea and land, dyin' in my hand.
    snowflake?

Brothers or sisters have I none, but that mans father is my fathers son. Who is that man?

This one is making my brain bleed.

I think you got the rest already Jon.

"that mans father is my fathers son". You are your fathers son, so that man must be your son. That's the only logical explanation I can think of.

\m/ d(-_-)b \m/

R9 290X+Kraken+Corsair H90, Xeon 5649@4ghz, Asus P6T-WS Pro

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn View Post
    This one is making my brain bleed.
    Agreed. I think I just imploded a few brain cells...
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

Quadruple post, sin him!

That last one though =\

Hmm could it be himself?

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty View Post
    Hmm could it be himself?
    Thats it, it must be. It make sense when you think of it in that way and repeat the riddle.

Think of it as if you were talking to your reflection.
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.