Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: First proper driving lesson.

Default First proper driving lesson.

I did good ^_^

ive been out with my dad 3 times, just on a empty road, just on a quiet road no cars straight lines and corners.

So whats the instructor do, take me to a quiet place, i drive all the way on, to a roundabout, roundabout on 4th time in car :| not the best of ideas. get over it carry on.
    Another roundabout, do that ok, and several more, onto a pretty busy road, (queue of about 6 cars behind me >.<)

and back.

So first time you try to hit 3rd gear whadda do? Thats right what it back into 1st, bad idea, then do it a few more times before you sort it out.

Figure out that your doing 10mph over the speed limit :p

I only stalled it twice so i was chuffed, 1st time was at a roundabout, forgot to push the blasted clutch in. 2nd time was just as i got onto my driveway xD hey atleast i didn't hit the house or my parents cars

Well it was all good fun.

Remember Remember, The 5th Of November.

Default Re: First proper driving lesson.

Ive driven a hell of a lot of times on busy roads and intersections, but my parents keep telling me i need to practice before i can take the required training course (more of a test)

that will be me in a few weeks, im going for my theory test on the 5th of janurary and then I will be let loose on the roads!!! (being supervised by a parent at all times of course :p)
    Now I just need some cash for car+insurance....
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Buddhist View Post
    I'm starting to worry that I may become genuinely funny at some point. Then there will be no hope.

^ Soon to be one. Computer-Geek's Avatar

My dad just needs to take me to get my permit then i can practice with him My sister recently got a car and hasn't touched it. It will be sad if I'm the first one to actually drive it lol.
    - Computer-Geek

I get my license on the 21st . I'm so pumped.

I drive an automatic. I was learning to drive my dad's manual, but I popped the clutch so many times I've just given up (for now).
    RIP Bucko

Gaming Console Modder Mitternacht's Avatar

Yea driving a clutch car is no walk in the park. It's simple once you can do it its just a technique you have to perfect. It was hard for me because I learned in my dad's Mustang, which had 300hp. It's easier to learn how to drive stick in a low horsepower stick shift car; trust me.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Sky
    I never like get into a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent.

ya driving is fun fun fun! i have my g2 so i can drive all by myself, but pay for stupid insurance, its only 140 for 2 cars a month though so its not as bad as some.

when ever i drive alone i feel fully confident but when i drive others it feels weird for some reason.

as for speeding i tend to do 20km over the limit, like most others, but i drive according to conditions. i.e. if there is traffic i slow down and if there is snow i go to a empty parking lot and skid to my hearts content
    CPU: Q6600 G0 3.5GHz@1.4v (4.2GHz max) / 4790k 4.8ghz @1.265v
    GPU: 9800GTX /GTX780 hydrocopper
    Ram: Samsung 4GB /gskill 16gb DDR3 1600
    Mobo: EVGA-NF68-A1 680i (P32) /AsRock Extreme6
    PSU: Enermax Galaxy 850Watt /EVGA 850 G2
    HDD: OCZ 120GB Vertex4, Samsung evo 840 250GB
    LCD: Samsung 32" LN32A450, Samsung 226BW 22" wide
    Sound: Logtiech Z 5500
    CPU & GPU: 3x Swiftech MCR320, 2x MCP655, MCW60 R2, Dtek Fuzion V2, 18 high speed yates @ 5v

Wow, I never realized how young a lot of you guys are. Im no old dude myself, I just pictured most of you guys in your 20's lol.

Driving is fun. I got over it pretty quickly though. What I want is my own autox track. But I will probably never own that much land lol.

Practice random acts of generosity Omega's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mitternacht View Post
    Yea driving a clutch car is no walk in the park. It's simple once you can do it its just a technique you have to perfect. It was hard for me because I learned in my dad's Mustang, which had 300hp. It's easier to learn how to drive stick in a low horsepower stick shift car; trust me.
    I was about to say "Manauls are easy, what are you smoking", then I read the 300whp part...

I learned how to drive in a '74 VW Beetle that was so out of shape a toaster could outrun it. werd.

i5-3570k @ 4.40GHz // R9 380X @ 1020MHz // 2x Samsung 850 EVO SSDs // 2x 2TB HDDs
    Fractal Design Define R2 XL "Monolith"

is never gonna give you up Elenril's Avatar

I got my license 6 months ago and I've still only done half an hour in an empty carpark... Driving round in circles, trying to avoid the imaginary cars but still crashing into them. After about 10 minutes I realised I'd left the handbrake up.

But hopefully I can get all my 50 hours done between now and the end of February, especially over the summer holidays, so I can start driving without constant supervision as soon as I turn 17! I bid thee farewell, 2 hour bus trips to school.

Click for my dA page

Quote Originally Posted by DaveW
    Never leave a bright orange case outside. Magpies will attempt to gang rape it.