Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Case ideas?

Default Re: Case ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by MrMonroe View Post
    Just do a single stone, "open" with an LED for whatever element it is. Red for fire, blue for water, whichever one you decide on. Would have to be pretty big, even with a microATX board...
    +rep and welcome aboard MrMonroe

Now as much as I love LED's, I don't know why I didn't think of that. Make the triangles out of plexi and then etch the waves or whatever in it. After that, frost the whole plexi piece. Then, dry brush some tans and browns.
    Now for more LED fun. Take 3 LED's and mount them in the bottom. Use 2 reds and one orange/amber for fire. Make a circuit so that 1 red is on all the time, and the other red and orange/amber flicker. The water would be super cool. Use 2 blues, and 1 green.

Default Re: Case ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by MrMonroe View Post
    Just do a single stone, "open" with an LED for whatever element it is. Red for fire, blue for water, whichever one you decide on. Would have to be pretty big, even with a microATX board...
    not only that but, since I'm only modding an old case, I think that might be a bit too intricate (especially for my first mod ever) and would end up being gianormous. I'm basically thinking of coating the outside with some sort of polymer-ish clay-like substance and modeling it to replicate the egyptian tablets, and making a little sort of model of the four stones and maybe leeloo to go on top. No great expectations for this one from me.
    A girl? On the internet? Oh yes, we exist.