Thread: help!

Anodized

Default help!

ok i have a nzxt trinity case w stock powersupply, athlon 64 4000+, radeon 9600xt

i recently transported my rig 350 miles to college, and bought a new monitor. i just plugged it in and tried to boot up but it only started up for about half a second and then shut down. yesterday i was sleeving all my cables, including the cpu cooler cable, which involved removing the stock cpu cooler and putting it back in. advice?! help?! :'(?!
    blue skies, green grass

Case Wizard

Default Re: help!

You need to make sure all of the wiring was placed back where it should have been.

You also need to make sure you that you clean and applied new thermal paste on the HS and CPU (If not you can have heat issues that will lead to other computer problems.

Check to make sure you dont have any card creap (Reseat all cards incuding ram)

Other words get the ATX standard for the mobo and PSU plugs so you can check those. Lots of work ahead for your to make sure you didn't kill the proc.

ATX Mental Case

Whats your PSU rated? you need atleast a 400 watt ps with that setup. thats 400 watts in a nice PSU, something like an antec. I had a problem where my pc would do that, the fans would boot for like 2 seconds then the pc would die. replaced my PS with a nicer one, fixed the issue right up. So if everything is connected right and looks good, look into that.
    "It's time to prove to your friends that you're worth a damn. Sometimes that means dying, sometimes it means killing a whole lot of people."

Anodized

ok i fixed it, there were a few dumb wiring problems. :-p.

my psu is rated 400, but its a noname company (orion?). thinking about getting a new one, because i have leds that dont light up all the way. and i got a new led that worked fine for a little bit then died halfway like the others. is this a led problem or a psu problem? ie, would pumping out more power make them light up all the way?
    blue skies, green grass

Overclocked

If the led actually died. (totally off) You prolly had too many volts going to it. If this is the case you're going to have to replace the LED and get a resistor to reduce the voltage.

If its just dim then you;re not getting enough power and that could be for different reasons. If the leds are setup in a series then divide however many leds you have in a serious and thats how much voltage you're getting to each one and will most likely be the cause of why its dim.