Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Waterblock for 8600GT?

Default Waterblock for 8600GT?

Ive been looking around and i have been thinking about buying a watercooling system. The only problem is i have a 8600GT video card and i cant find a block for that card. The only ones i see in the 8 series is 8800's and like 8500's or something. So does a 8600gt waterblock even exist?

Default Re: Waterblock for 8600GT?

Not sure if there is one specifically for that model. Most of the model specific blocks are for the high end cards.

I haven't checked to be honest, but something like the Swiftech MCW60 should work well as long as it can attach to that card.

Ill have to look up that model, but would this work
    http://http://www.xoxide.com/thermal...ter-block.html

it says it universal idk. any thoughts?

that block you listed won't work as the link goes no where haha.

if i get my watercooling setup before i get my new video card i am going to try to mount the swiftech MCW60 on my 8600GT.

here
    is the swiftech compatibility list for the MCW60, it says no but it only shows the "MSI NX 8600 GTS diamond Plus" so i don't know if its only that card that doesn't work or if that card will work only.

even if it doesn't work you could always fab a bracket for it, assuming your good at that kind of stuff. i would try to fab something, my card gets to 74-75 when playing certin games, but then again i volt modded and oc'd mine on stock cooling, with a second 80mm fan over the stock one.

here is the MCW60 at perofrmance pcs, it shows how to measure your mounting holes to know if it supports your card. i think there is something wrong with the pictures though because when i clicked it, it asked for a password.
    CPU: Q6600 G0 3.5GHz@1.4v (4.2GHz max) / 4790k 4.8ghz @1.265v
    GPU: 9800GTX /GTX780 hydrocopper
    Ram: Samsung 4GB /gskill 16gb DDR3 1600
    Mobo: EVGA-NF68-A1 680i (P32) /AsRock Extreme6
    PSU: Enermax Galaxy 850Watt /EVGA 850 G2
    HDD: OCZ 120GB Vertex4, Samsung evo 840 250GB
    LCD: Samsung 32" LN32A450, Samsung 226BW 22" wide
    Sound: Logtiech Z 5500
    CPU & GPU: 3x Swiftech MCR320, 2x MCP655, MCW60 R2, Dtek Fuzion V2, 18 high speed yates @ 5v

I know for a fact a Maze 4 from dangerden will work since I helped a friend install one on his 8600GT.

http://www.dangerden.com/store/produ...&cat=48&page=1

Project: Elegant-Li The boy 4rm oz's Avatar

The MCW-60 needs an adapter plate to make it compatible with the 8 series GPUs, I needed one so I could mount it to my 8800GTX. I don't know if the adapter plate will work for the 8600GT though, send Swiftech an E-mail.

Yes you are right, the Danger Den Maze 4 is compatible with the 8600GT.
    Project: Elegant-Li *NEW*
    Project: Alpha FINISHED
    Project: LEXA Revival FINISHED
    Project: LEXA FINISHED Bit-Tech MOTM Nominee October 08

awesome thanks for the help guys.

You're welcome man. DD makes great blocks, and their Customer Service is top notch. I had a waterblock leak at a lan, they came over to my seat and helped me fix it on the spot. For free, and the block was out of warranty too. Thats just a testament to their Customer Service.

Project: Elegant-Li The boy 4rm oz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dexaroni View Post
    You're welcome man. DD makes great blocks, and their Customer Service is top notch. I had a waterblock leak at a lan, they came over to my seat and helped me fix it on the spot. For free, and the block was out of warranty too. Thats just a testament to their Customer Service.
    That's what I call customer service.
    Project: Elegant-Li *NEW*
    Project: Alpha FINISHED
    Project: LEXA Revival FINISHED
    Project: LEXA FINISHED Bit-Tech MOTM Nominee October 08

Just an addition to whats been said here. I am also in the market for a waterblock to fit my 8600GTS. I assume they have the same mounting holes. Unfortunatly i cant afford a waterblock atm, so i am hoping to get one for christmas . I've found a really sweet full coverage block for 8600 card's here but at $100 it might be a bit much for me to ask my mother for. I want to have an alternative incase she cant dish out the dough.

You say a maze 4 will work? Would that just connect to two of the mounting holes on the card? Asuming so, a maze 5 should work aswell right? Is the maze series at the top of the food chain as far as blocks go?

Another off-shute question. If i go with a standard (not full coverage) block ram sinc's would be my only option to cool the ram. With active cooling the ram gets scorching hot, would it not heat up more with passive cooling thus limiting overclockabillity?