Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: LotusBlossom

Rankenphile

Default Re: LotusBlossom

What was the name of the transparent/uv reactive paint you used? And do you know where to purchase it online?

Thanks for the help.

Fresh Paint
    'I'm gonna cut yer heart out wit' a SPOON!'

Sheriff of Nottingham (Alan Rickman), Robin Hood - Prince of Thieves

this is one sticky thread

:omg:

PRAISE RANDOM DIETY OF YOUR CHOICE - I FINALLY HAVE POWER & INTERNET AGAIN ... i couldn't get a hot shower OR slashdot for a WEEK!!!!

once again here's me...

like - wtf??!! the universe soooo hates me. bonus, though, of being bff with the sysadmin - the first day after the hurricane that we were actually allowed back in the office, he told everyone that the generator was running low on diesel and he had to shut it down and have everyone go home. then we came back, fired that sh*t up, watched movies on the CEO's big screen tv, and drank 3 bottles of 1986 merlot he found in the server room, lol.

anyways --- thank you all so much for your kind words, let me see if i can respond accordingly:

Quote Originally Posted by Rankenphile
    congrats on the upgrade to a Feature!
    yeah thanks, i totally didn't even notice that until you said something. i should really get my ass back to work!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Archimedes
    GO 'WAY, WILMA!
    see above - yeah, i hear ya. everything here is destroyed. there's trees everywhere, traffic signals in the middle of the street, police curfews and crap - totally teh sux0r! oh - and the damn NIN concert was cancelled. and i had floor tickets!!! grrrrr!

Quote Originally Posted by thephreak99
    I think I'm in love...
    sweet! i just broke up with my girlfriend last night, and i'm super excited to be single! pass the dirty martinis, please!

Quote Originally Posted by Ozzhedian
    A pretty girl that wants to turn her room into a bar, works in IT, plays guitar and enjoys modding!
    Where do I stand in line for your number...
    well apparently you're second now, after phreak99, lol. maybe i'll whip up a quick PHP app to apply..... did i mention that i also dyed my hair hot hot pink and play a kickass game of pool? yeah - i rock .... :p .

Quote Originally Posted by Rankenphile
    What was the name of the transparent/uv reactive paint you used? And do you know where to purchase it online?
    it was clearneon, which i was warned against, but ended up being fine. c'est la vie.

sooooooo

i think that's it for me for now, as you can see just recently got back my internet connection, so i'll be online more now. and i'm gonna do some work tonight since y'all are so encouraging!

thanks, rock on, peace out, etc, ad infinitum
    --------------------------------------------------
    everyone has an uncle who's an amateur magician.

Fresh Paint

Sorry to hear that your area got so trashed. |\/|@j0r 5|_|cK4g3. Especially the |\|||/| concert.

As for the merlot... like, duh! Didn't you know? Server rooms make great wine stashes!
    'I'm gonna cut yer heart out wit' a SPOON!'

Sheriff of Nottingham (Alan Rickman), Robin Hood - Prince of Thieves

WB--glad you made it through!
    In a time of chimpanzees I was a monkey.

hey everyone

i have some fun new pics to post, but my damn internet connec is still flaky from hurricane be-atch ... i mean ... wilma. (and how are you posting this, you ask... well i'm at work :p )

so - tonight? i hope? i did some fun stuff over the weekend, and with no massive bodily harm!

amberella

awesome, can't wait hope you Internet connection gets better soon as well
    http://images.gruntville.com/casegallery/album299 Gort, it's built in an ammo box!
    http://www.x-mail.net/bigfoot/ <- my random stuff

aloha! so, news:
    upgrades: i have a stable internet connection!
    downgrades: i no longer have a kickass digital camera so i apologize if these are not the bestest quality ever, but they should suffice. hey .... at least i finally have some new pics to share!

this is just a basic mock up to show you the case itself - and might i add that while there's plenty of room vertically and in front of the motherboard sideways, fitting those IDE cables by the power supply is ROUGH in that upper area:

here is the most basic idea of what i'm going for... you can see that my goal is to enclose the stack of components in this thin wood box (there's already acrylic there, so it's not affecting airflow, purely cosmetic) and give that box the finish that you see in my previous test posts. that lotus blossom is evenutally going on that nice clean expanse of wood right there. also, there's going to be a fan in the bottom of the cube (and the back is more open than the sides) to make sure there's no circulation probs.

next are some pics of the little fan cover i made for the CPU fan. it only covers the actual fan itself, not the heatsink, so it shouldn't warm anything up either. since most of the stuff i'm doing in this project is inside the case instead of, say, covering it's outside with skulls (still a noble cause if you're into that...), it's important that i don't interfere with anything actually WORKING, lol. i didn't take pictures of the stencils and everything like i did for the lotus blossom previously, but you can rest assured that the process was pretty much the same. overall, i'm happy with the way that this dragon worked out, but i might end up not using it anyway, as when it's actually inside the box it is already a tight fit, and i'm worried about running some cables around it. it seeeems to work as of right now, but we'll see. and see that shiny little glint on the lower right hand side? that's cuz it's all glassy from the thick, pourable epoxy. i'm so happy i thought to use that, it really looks awesome in person.

here's the motherboard. you probably can't tell (due to my parents' crappy digital camera i was forced to borrow) but it is a deep purple color. purrrrty. also, the lines of the dragon are actually nice and clear. again, camera. ugh.

soooo that's that for now, more later this week. i have the basic forms for all sides of my main cube area, which includes a front panel, so i am getting ready to really get my hands dirty .... next up:
    • enlarging the back fan hole from 80 to 120mm
    • mounting the fan bus and cutting the 4 corresponding knob holes
    • procuring some appropriate length screws for the PSU ... the manufacturer's aren't quite long enough to compensate for the additional thickness of the acrylic case
    • cut and add an additional HD slot for my second harddrive

oh, and last but not least:

my thumb! it's actually all healed and growing out now, so it looks pretty decent. you can still kinda see were it was cut in half.

and this last one is a joke, really. so... it goes out to who it goes out to, lol.

peace out, and goodnight.

amberella :p

OWWWW! hehe. well i'm glad your thumb is doing better. everything looks really nice so far, looking forward to the finished project.

on a side note, you have the same hair color as my friend. nice
    http://images.gruntville.com/casegallery/album299 Gort, it's built in an ammo box!
    http://www.x-mail.net/bigfoot/ <- my random stuff