Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Help designing a logo

Default Help designing a logo

I am in a team for the ''F1 in schools challenge'' as I spoke a bit about here
    Now that we have a design just about finished we have turned our minds to designing a logo for our team: TGS (officially it stands for 'The Green Stripe' but us being teenage boys wanted something dirty and it stands for the G-Spot)
    And please dont ask how we came up with that name.....

Anyways we need help for the logo. We've done quite a few sketches but when I (the only computer literate person on the team) turn to use my rather limited skills in the gimp it somehow doesnt come together all that well.

So if some of you photoshop whizzes have a few spare moments would you mind having a go at some rough ideas? Or if anyone could just sketch an idea it would be greatly appreciated.

BTW huge +rep going to anyone that helps!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Buddhist View Post
    I'm starting to worry that I may become genuinely funny at some point. Then there will be no hope.

Default Re: Help designing a logo

you should ask imagispire, one of our resident artists. That's right up his alley.
    "At the midpoint on the journey of life, I found myself in a dark forest, for the clear path was lost..." -Dante Alighieri

Thought I would have a little go, looked good at the time , not so sure now.
    Will plug the mouse in and have another go later, not easy with a laptop type mouse thingy.

Anyways , hmmmm

My Worklogs: Reality Bytes / Flux

Just to clarify we'd like something fairly simple that we can print on t-shirts, etc. Preferably green on black.
    Thanks
    I'm starting to worry that I may become genuinely funny at some point. Then there will be no hope.

Quote Originally Posted by calumc View Post
    Just to clarify we'd like something fairly simple that we can print on t-shirts, etc. Preferably green on black.
    Thanks

Going with "The Green stripe" theme, black on green, rather than green on black:

Only you guys would know what the "green spot" is.

ps That's designed for a white shirt .. if the shirts are black make the text white and the background black ... like so:

pps Either way you are looking at two colour printing which is nice and cheap.

or three colour:

So to take a break from my symbol/logo design homework, i do... Some logo deesigns... =| ah well

edit:forums resized it so it looks rough, click it to see it as it should be.

Just for the fun of it heres a screenshot of the design I'm working on

Greco101

scotty, for the most part, stole the 1st idea that popped into my head. haha.

Now, your trying to look good :p

I didn't plan to have it like that, i planned to have the top of the T as the car, but it looked crap.

Nice design Calum, looks a wee bit thin though?

the block we get to make it out of is only 42mm wide and all the dimensions that we're allowed are strictly controlled so after hours of tweaking my design to fit the requirements that is what I've come up with but I have until Janurary to tweak the design so it could change completey yet!