Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bought a New Xbox360

Default Bought a New Xbox360

Background to my situation:
    Back in May I bought a 360 so I was able to talk to my brothers who live 400miles away from me. After a few days I returned it because only one of my brothers played it at the time. Lately Ive been really down, because I can't talk to them. My father was abusive when I was a kid and thats why I don't see them. My dad can't accept what he did to us was wrong, so I can't deal with him. My last visit half a year ago, I finally flipped out and spoke my mind. As of such I can not go visit my brothers anymore, and I can't talk to them on the phone without dealing with the parents who think I should just forget beatings, treated like dirt, and neglect, and parents drug use. Apparently speaking the truth gets you exiled. So due to extremely missing my brothers (who ive seen less then what i can count on my hands and tows in the past 10 years) I bought another xbox 360.
    Sorry for the rant there.

For what I meant to get at:
    I checked the build date of the 360 and team. Heres the details.
    Lot num.: 0737
    Team: FDOU

If you don't know, Xbox has been release in certain shipments (or a chance to be) with the 65nm Falcon chipset. This is supposed to mean lower power consumption (up to 33% supposedly), a new sturdier heatsink, and overall a quieter cooler xbox. This is also supposed to be relatively immune to the RROD caused by overheating and such.

Lets hope!

Right now Im taking it out of the box, so I will update you when I can tell what mobo is in it and what heatsink. It was $350 for the pro, with Forza2 and Marvell Ultimate Alliance. Not bad, in may I payed $400 and didn't have any games.

Default Re: Bought a New Xbox360

Sorry to hear about the trouble with your parents, and being cut off from family. That's really tough to deal with, hang in there.
    < /rant>

I've got a permanent fix for the RROD, but it totally voids the warranty. If anyone is interested, I can post a tut on it.

I had a 360 given to me because of RROD, and out of warranty, so they said "Here, if you can fix it, it's yours." So I did, and its mine.

The towel trick DOES work to fix an RROD temporarily, and doesnt require opening the box, so no warranty trouble there.

\m/ d(-_-)b \m/

R9 290X+Kraken+Corsair H90, Xeon 5649@4ghz, Asus P6T-WS Pro

Thanks Luke. I will hang in there. Shoot ive been doing it since I was 10, and im going on 21 now soooo ya. Just frustrating. Im grasping at straws here trying to get contact with them.

I didn't have a RROD or anything. I just returned mine within a few days. I was just researching the deal I saw when I came upon the new 65nm chipsets. Of which...

Looking through the side of the case, no copper heatpipe = new heatsink. And on the other side the transistors, there are only 2 = the new mobo. I know theres now way to prove its 65nm over 90nm. But the new mobo and heatsink suggest it is. YAY!

Its going to be kept well ventilated so heat shouldn't be an issue anyway.

So my xbox from lot 0737 team FDOU seems to be the new Falcon chipset/mobo/heatsink.

Now off to play Forza2! and maybe my brothers will be on live!

EDIT: Just checked online and seems many people with the 0737 FDOU xbox's have the 65nm falcon as well. So yay! less heat/power consumption.

Hopefully less heat for sure! Even with the top off my box after I did the fix, you can SEE the heat radiating from the heatsinks!!!!!

Man, watercooling this thing might actually have to happen sooner than later. (or sooner or later.)

\m/ d(-_-)b \m/

R9 290X+Kraken+Corsair H90, Xeon 5649@4ghz, Asus P6T-WS Pro

I just got a new Xbox 360 maybe like 2 weeks ago, with the new chpset

It came with Forza2 and Marvel Ultimate Alliance right?

Forza 2 sweet game.

Gamertag: Spydye

Ya, the one I got had Forza2 and Marvel ultimate alliance. But not all of those are the new chipset. Best Buy among other companies are taking the pro's and adding the game to the box and resealing and putting the sticker on the box. So some of those bundles may be older builds of the xbox.

Microsoft said that by summer 2008 the new 65nm chipset should be in full circulation. For now, theres some, but people still have to sell the stock that they have, which mostly consists of the 90nm chip.

Granted its been 6 months since ive felt the back of the xbox, but after an hour playing or so, the xbox def isn't as hot as it used to be. The air coming out the back of the case isn't even as hot as the air out of the back of some of my pc's. So so far so good.

My gamertag is the same as my handle: Nightrainsrt4

How much faster can you render the bsod? Ap1thy's Avatar

im curious for the tutorial, my mates got the red ring of death from his early 360and i might offer to buy it off him for cheap or smth if i can fix it

just pick yourself up one of these bad boys

CPU: Q6600 G0 3.5GHz@1.4v (4.2GHz max) / 4790k 4.8ghz @1.265v
    GPU: 9800GTX /GTX780 hydrocopper
    Ram: Samsung 4GB /gskill 16gb DDR3 1600
    Mobo: EVGA-NF68-A1 680i (P32) /AsRock Extreme6
    PSU: Enermax Galaxy 850Watt /EVGA 850 G2
    HDD: OCZ 120GB Vertex4, Samsung evo 840 250GB
    LCD: Samsung 32" LN32A450, Samsung 226BW 22" wide
    Sound: Logtiech Z 5500
    CPU & GPU: 3x Swiftech MCR320, 2x MCP655, MCW60 R2, Dtek Fuzion V2, 18 high speed yates @ 5v

Can you image that with a 360mm radiator lol. JUst pure quietness and coolness.

Sorry to hear about your parents man, but glad you found away to speak to your brothers.

Remember Remember, The 5th Of November.

Why couldnt you just use skype?
    $25 mic vs. $350 xbox 360

mic wins.