Thread: post your "i cant beleive i have to go out in that" weather

Practice random acts of generosity Omega's Avatar

Default Re: post your "i cant beleive i have to go out in that" weather

guh

it's actually hot outside

they're running the AC at school

IT'S FREAKIN' DECEMBER

WHY IS IT NOT COLD

i5-3570k @ 4.40GHz // R9 380X @ 1020MHz // 2x Samsung 850 EVO SSDs // 2x 2TB HDDs
    Fractal Design Define R2 XL "Monolith"

read my comic already! (sig) xRyokenx's Avatar

It's in the 70s right now. It's so nice I can't wear a sweatshirt. BRING ON THE COLD! If not, I'd like a refund for my winter, please.

Ice Storm... sucks... have to walk up a hill to catch my ride too. **pout**
    A girl? On the internet? Oh yes, we exist.

is never gonna give you up Elenril's Avatar

Speaking of ice storms, we've recently had a lot of massive hail (like the size of netballs) for the past 2 or 3 weeks. Bit weird seeing as it's the middle of summer, but it's been pouring down with rain. Hopefully it clears up soon though, the beach is waiting!

Click for my dA page

Quote Originally Posted by DaveW
    Never leave a bright orange case outside. Magpies will attempt to gang rape it.

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Elenril View Post
    Speaking of ice storms, we've recently had a lot of massive hail (like the size of netballs) for the past 2 or 3 weeks. Bit weird seeing as it's the middle of summer, but it's been pouring down with rain. Hopefully it clears up soon though, the beach is waiting!
    Geography is freaking weird! lol

middle of summer over there, middle of winter over here...

California is running the AC, Washington is overclocking their heaters...

so weird, so very weird.

Btw, my area is COVERED in snow and it looks like its going to stick around for longer than a week this time. So happy! =D
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

I know this isnt recent weather, but a couple of months ago at a mountain bike trip the bottom of the mountain was like "alright, it's nippy, but lets do some serious riding" and the top was "aww crap do I have to get out of the gondolla?".
    mid-lower mountain

top of the mountain

ha ha those pics are awesome.

im mad, all our snow is melting due to the 37 degree F weather.

I want snow for xmas!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega
    ber is id elicous
    Centurion 5 Mod <<--- ON HOLD FOR THE WINTER

Quote Originally Posted by OhSnapIt'sLuna View Post
    Ice Storm... sucks...
    YES THEY DO!! They are expensive as well!! As you know from my previous post, we got hit pretty hard. The amount of devastation to the trees in my area is unbelievable. Also it hit us all in the wallet pretty hard. Power to my house was out for 8 and a half days. I was finally able to get a 5550 watt generator after 4 days, so there went 500 bucks, but I will be ready next time for sure! . Having the generator helped out alot, but I still went through about 45 gallons of gas, before power was restored, which was around $125. We got the Magnum out from under the tree, and to my surprise its not damaged as bad as we thought it would be. The limb hit a basketball goal beside the drive way and folded it over. The rim of the goal went into the rear drivers side door of the car, which ended up holding the rest of the limb off the car. It put a pretty good dent in the door, but luckily it hit between the door handle and the window, so it didn't break the glass. Another limb sheared the rear window wiper off, but the roof isn't dented at all. Its covered under insurance, so it will be good as new, but it will still cost me the $500 deductible. We still don't have cable service back to the area, so we have been catching up on our DVD's. Telephone service never went down, and under generator power I was able to get my DSL modem and WiFi router up. Unfortunately I was too busy clearing limbs, getting Gas and Food to really do more then check my email, but I let my neighbors use it with their laptops.

Looks like I won't be able to upgrade my machine anytime soon, but the important part is everyone in my family came out of it unscathed, and we were together.

I come from a land down under. simon275's Avatar

Man I am getting tired of having to wear t-shirt and shorts all the time. :p
    Need a sig