Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast

Thread: Modders Challenge #4

Default Re: Modders Challenge #4

I really want to enter this one, to get more into the community, but if I do this I have to get over criticizing myself. The night the site launched I got motivated and drew a picture of the Master Chief at a desk on the computer with the TBCS logo reflecting off his visor. The girlfriend thought it was wicked cool, but like always I didn't think it looked right and ripped it up and threw it away. Needless to say she was unhappy with me. If I can get over my own criticism I will go for this one, unlike the last one that I did the same thing to. Im def my own worst enemy.

Awww...I would have loved to see that pic! I certainly hope you enter, maybe we need to hire you an anti-editor to restrain you when you go after your own work.
    "At the midpoint on the journey of life, I found myself in a dark forest, for the clear path was lost..." -Dante Alighieri

Quote Originally Posted by NightrainSrt4 View Post
    I really want to enter this one, to get more into the community, but if I do this I have to get over criticizing myself. The night the site launched I got motivated and drew a picture of the Master Chief at a desk on the computer with the TBCS logo reflecting off his visor. The girlfriend thought it was wicked cool, but like always I didn't think it looked right and ripped it up and threw it away. Needless to say she was unhappy with me. If I can get over my own criticism I will go for this one, unlike the last one that I did the same thing to. Im def my own worst enemy.
    Don't ever rip up or bin work. Leave it somewhere, come back to it a day later, it will look different, rotate it, look at it in the mirror and you will see things you never saw before, they can be good or bad, but always look for the positive.

In the words of Marko Djurdjevic (Marvel comic artist/Concept artist)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marko Djurdjevic
    To often we hinder ourselves in our creative process because we're afraid of the outcome. But who's to judge us for what we do? The paper? The art police? Confidence in every decision is what makes art become relevant. ~ Rules only apply if you let them dominate your work. A free mind can achive anything and whatever others may think of your work, it doesn't matter. As long as you enjoy what you're doing.
    Don't let questions hinder your process make them become process.
    Every line you put down on a sheet of paper is a question - "Where am i going?" If you let the answer scare you you'll never find out. But if you enable yourself to become part of the journey, art becomes easy and fear can be forgotten. ~ Denial will lead you nowhere
    It's inspiring, well to me it was. After reading that it made me think very differently about what i do now, and the end result.

i would enter just for the microsoft mug! serious, that all i want really, got a linux mug, odered a FREE-BSD mug, all im missing in M$

Mary had a little lamb. It bumped into a pylon. Ten thousand volts went up its arse and turned its wool to nylon!

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XcOM View Post
    i would enter just for the microsoft mug! serious, that all i want really, got a linux mug, odered a FREE-BSD mug, all im missing in M$
    Okay, I'll tell you what. I'll make you a deal. If you win, you can have the mug and I'll take everything else. Sound good? :p
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

yea, but i can't enter

Mary had a little lamb. It bumped into a pylon. Ten thousand volts went up its arse and turned its wool to nylon!

Xcom, you are breaking my heart. I'll give you my M$ mug if you want.

The mug in the prize pack is exactly the same!
    Last edited by Luke122; 11-18-2007 at 02:53 PM.

\m/ d(-_-)b \m/

R9 290X+Kraken+Corsair H90, Xeon 5649@4ghz, Asus P6T-WS Pro

well count me in oh and nice site designe

I've got the madcow, what's your excuse? Bopher's Avatar

Ahh, so many ideas, gotta focus on one. But if I focus I lose them NOO! ok gotta work on it some more. Maybe if I can hold on to an idea for all of 2 seconds I'll submit one.

"Technical neglect is one of the worst kinds of neglect, won't you sponsor an octal or adsl2 card so they can someday grow up into big capable adsl2+ cards? random celebrity does."

Addendum to the rules:

Multiple entries by the same individual members are allowed

just in case you have lots of different inspirations.
    "At the midpoint on the journey of life, I found myself in a dark forest, for the clear path was lost..." -Dante Alighieri