Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: first timer right here

Default first timer right here

Hey i was thinking about making a budget water cooling case that cools everything i.e. cpu,memory, video card, hardrive, and anything else that might need cooling. And i was wondering what exactly do i need, where can i get it and whats recomended. Im wondering what case would be the best and so on and so fourth. My ultimate goal is a silent computer. CAn anyone help?

lol this section is for general chit chat. But let me answer you anyway. first you need to decide if you want to purchase all your parts seperatly IE water block, GPU block, rad, pump e.t.c. or if you want a complete ready to run kit. The former will cost you more but you will have quality parts. The latter however has its own benefits in that it is one complete kit, easy to set up, comes with detailed instructions and you dont have to worry about whether or not you forgot anything. Like tubing for example.

can you suggest both? What parts i would need, which ones you recomend and which kits you recomend?

btw: i specifically want it to all be in the case
    Last edited by public_eyesore; 03-15-2005 at 10:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeD
    lol this section is for general chit chat. .
    The Water chiller is for general chit chat. Water works is for Watercooling stuff. lol

Quote Originally Posted by emochild626
    can you suggest both? What parts i would need, which ones you recomend and which kits you recomend?

btw: i specifically want it to all be in the case
    Just check over soem reviews, there are many good companies out there. I wouldnt feel comfortable pointing you towards any specific make or model but check some popular retailers, reviews, see what's popular. Newegg has a GREAT and indispensible review section for the products. I'd check there.

Quote Originally Posted by Xbrid
    The Water chiller is for general chit chat. Water works is for Watercooling stuff. lol
    yea its changed now, less confusing now no?

well danger den webpage is about the cheapes ive found out there that have good parts about anything on that webpage is good just let you know dont mix alu with copper keep it the same and get over 3/8 id tubing its better and if you get a ac pump get a relay and if you get a 120 rad ake sure you get a spacer cause there is a dead spot in all fans the center and you rad wont cool as good with a spacer your rad will get all the air in all the spots good luck OOO as far as cooling your ram that will be hard never seen a water ram cooler if you find one not home made let me know thanks

Water Cooled

it is not possible to cool everything with water without serious modding. they dont make blocks for memories because they dont generate too much heat. also the psu needs to be cooled. there are a few wc psu's out there but it is really hard to find and they usually cost a fortune. you can get cpu, gpu, nb and hd blocks, bot you would need a huge radiator to cool all that with silent fans.

Overclocked

When in doubt, build your own. Before you do that, read up on hydro-thermo-dynamics.

Can anyone reccomend a good "in the case" pump? Prefferably one I can just run off internal power without running another wire out the back

The One and Only

Here is a great pump.