Thread: Computer Desk PC

Fresh Paint

Default Computer Desk PC

the idea for this basicaly started so as to save space and get rid of the mountain of wires i have everywhere,
    plus it gives me a chance to have a go at modding and it'll keep the missus happy
    the mobo and HDD,s are gonna be mounted on the side with the PSU at the back of the desk
    in the near future i want to do the same on the other side of the desk with a dual screen mod
    so ill have 2 pc's running side by side with a KVM switch maybe,
    what id realy like to do is to have my dvd drives set into my desktop
    when there not being used and some kind of motorised mechanisim to make them rise up when there needed, like the Betamax video's used too.
    apart from trying to get some old betamax's for there mech's im stumped on how to get them to do that.
    the other thing is the desk itself, idealy i would like it to change the wood
    effect laminate, not sure what the best way of doing this, spray it, clad it with arcrylic?

mt first attempt with sketchup it should be to scale but some of the components look realy big it gives an idea of what it looks like though

lookin forward to gettin some power tools out

Shot at 2007-11-12

Default Re: computor desk pc

Check out the "Motorized Madness" thread for ideas on adding movement to your build.

\m/ d(-_-)b \m/

R9 290X+Kraken+Corsair H90, Xeon 5649@4ghz, Asus P6T-WS Pro

Default Re: Computer Desk PC

There was a pretty nice water cooled setup that was integrated into a corner desk on here at one point. I did a quick search and alas the pics are dead and it has ended up in the Worklog Cemetary. I do recommend using the search. There have been several desk mods on here and they could definately give you some good ideas. So far your plan looks really neat. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

I love this idea because it saves a lot of space! I can't wait to see this one come together.

Fresh Paint

i think the first thing im going to do is to clad the main desktop are and its plinth,
    with 2 or 3mm black or dark tint acrylic.
    i dont know how easy this is going to be because both the parts have curved edges, im sure it'll work out
    i need to make sure ive got everything worked out before i start the cladding though, a bit more head work to go yet.
    still not sure on how the best way to get the drives to work, had a look at that Motorized Madness and its pointed me in the direction of servo's, never used them so think im going to need to buy one just to have a play and see how they work.
    just a thought will a laser mouse work on black acrylic?

^ Soon to be one. Computer-Geek's Avatar

It might but maybe not since sometimes my mouse won't work on glossy wood.
    - Computer-Geek

Not sure about the DVD... Why not make the top shelf thicker and mount a slot loading drive inside it with just the slot showing?

Quote Originally Posted by aintnothang View Post
    Think of a way to simulate a real bullet hole, like shooting it.