Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: KVM switches

Default Re: KVM switches

Quote Originally Posted by OvRiDe View Post
    No worries.. the review starts just under 3 minutes into the video and only lasts about 7 or 8 minutes, so its not necessary to watch the whole video. From what you have explained .. you are a prime candidate for Synergy. When you get some time you should check it out and see if you like it... you can't beat the price and it only takes a few minutes to set it up.

Good luck and hope this helps...
    I don't think so... maybe on next release

Quote Originally Posted by Synergy
    Synergy is a KM solution not a KVM (keyboard, video, mouse) solution. However, future versions will probably support KVM. Hopefully, this will make synergy suitable for managing large numbers of headless servers.
    and I'm really using 3 monitors on each machine, and I can't afford 9 monitors on my desk, But if they get to it, it can be fun to move from my office puter to the one in the living room if it allow 2 mouse/keyboard...

Anyone who think a computer is sexy need to #$? and fast

Quote Originally Posted by slytherock View Post
    I don't think so... maybe on next release

and I'm really using 3 monitors on each machine, and I can't afford 9 monitors on my desk, But if they get to it, it can be fun to move from my office puter to the one in the living room if it allow 2 mouse/keyboard...
    My bad .. I understood 2 monitors on 1 machine and 1 monitor on another.. Didn't realize that they were all using the 3 monitors.

I dont really have high hopes for the "KVM" version, mainly because once you throw video into the mix performance will most likely be sub par to an actual KVM, but for some it still might be cheaper then buying the hardware.

Oh well maybe this helped out Erus

The download site lists Binaries, Experimental, and Source...which am I looking for to achieve the same setup?

to the org post:

why not buy a KVM plug the keyboard and mouse in to that, but plug the monitors into the system as they would normally be.. then your not sharing the monitors but sharing the keyboards.

(also, you can buy a normal kvm and buy usb > ps2 convertors.. just saying because i have not seen a use kvm before)

i have done the same sorta thing because one of my monitors used dvi and the other used vga, but only had one keyboard and mouse xD
    Basic Math:
    1 + 1 = 2
    1 * 1 = 1

Quote Originally Posted by cjtaylor0103 View Post
    The download site lists Binaries, Experimental, and Source...which am I looking for to achieve the same setup?
    The binaries are what you want.