Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WOW! Greatest story in customer service....

Greco101

Default WOW! Greatest story in customer service....

I purchased an everex laptop off of craigslist for 150 bucks. I found out it was missing a few screws, the 6 button stuck, etc... (tons of kids yelling in the house... I just wanted out of there but should have looked better). Anyways, it was still under warranty so my gf and I decided to see if walmart would return it almost a year later. They ALLLMOST did it. The only reason they didn't is because they no longer carried the same laptop so they had nothing to swap it with. Oh well... I decided to take the long road and send it in to Everex (surprisingly fast service... less than 2 weeks).

I got it back today nicely packed and they even replaced a lcd cover which was missing... new screws... fixed the 6 key yada yada. They also left a dvd behind...A bootlegged cam-copy of shrek 2!!

No it was not in the laptop before I sent it in. I just thought this was hilarious and figured I'd share.

Default Re: WOW! Greatest story in customer service....

My initial thought; Everex is still in business?

They used to be a REAL big player in the server market, bigger than anyone except IBM. I have not heard anything about/from them since around '92...

Great to hear a positive service story!
    "...Dumb all over, A little ugly on the side... "...Frank Zappa...

Is awesome

Are you serious?

That is ridiculously awesome.
    You love my sig.

WTF?!?! why would you have a cam of shrek 2 in 2007?!?!
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Buddhist View Post
    I'm starting to worry that I may become genuinely funny at some point. Then there will be no hope.

Greco101

I have no idea... But I reformatted before it left so there was no way it was in there when I bought it so unless someone intercepted the laptop... unpacked it... popped in there dvd then after they were done, repacked it and let it continue on its way.

it's everex's hahaha. It may have been shrek 3. I haven't seen 2 or 3 so I wouldn't know.

EDIT:: http://www.everex.com/products/nm3900w/nm3900w.htm

Here are the specs on the laptop... This celeron is slooooooooow and puts off quite a bit of heat. I wonder if the mobo would support a centrino 1.66 core solo?

My initial guess is no. And since I don't feel like Googling, that is my final answer.
    RIP Bucko

Greco101

I called everex and the guy said there is a possibility but a good chance it wont since the laptop was in production before the core solos were out. He said it's based on the bios but that doesn't make sense to me... Shouldn't they just auto detect the cpu/voltages and...just work? Granted the core solo has a 667 MHz fsb and the celeron only 400 MHz but wouldn't it just limit the core solo to 400?(if that's what the mobo was limited to) I wonder if it would still have an increase in performance?

my dad has had good luck with some us companies. for our trailer the range fan motor burnt out and my dad emailed them asking if they still make motors and a week later a brand new fan and motor came for free, he didn't even ask to get one, he just wanted to know if they make them still.

he ordered a cell phone battery from cellphoneshop and it was dead maybe a week or two later and they sent him a new one without asking for the old one.
    CPU: Q6600 G0 3.5GHz@1.4v (4.2GHz max) / 4790k 4.8ghz @1.265v
    GPU: 9800GTX /GTX780 hydrocopper
    Ram: Samsung 4GB /gskill 16gb DDR3 1600
    Mobo: EVGA-NF68-A1 680i (P32) /AsRock Extreme6
    PSU: Enermax Galaxy 850Watt /EVGA 850 G2
    HDD: OCZ 120GB Vertex4, Samsung evo 840 250GB
    LCD: Samsung 32" LN32A450, Samsung 226BW 22" wide
    Sound: Logtiech Z 5500
    CPU & GPU: 3x Swiftech MCR320, 2x MCP655, MCW60 R2, Dtek Fuzion V2, 18 high speed yates @ 5v

ATX Mental Case

the celery and centrino circuitry are different, though the pinout may be the same, the bios probly won't recognize certain output signals which intern makes yuor lappy go "?"

Do you have a second life?

lol ring them and ask if they are missing a movie lol, Wouldnt they get in a load of ****, using a cam copy of a movie, then leaving it in and sending it back?

Sam