Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Monitor / Workspace Modding * quad monitors* * Dialup warning** large images

Default Re: Monitor / Workspace Modding * quad monitors* * Dialup warning** large images

One thing I am noticing now with using synergy is its a LONG way to get from the far left monitor to the far right..

I am not real worried about the tilt as i can sit back in my chair.
    here is what I am thinking now....

With the bottom one being the laptop on the desk
    now one thing to figure out is how to mount the board thats holding all the monitors to the wall and make it look good.... one thing that would be sweet is if it was adjustable so I could tilt it how I like raise and lower it ext. stince its in a corner I am not sure the best way to do so!

Default Re: Monitor / Workspace Modding * quad monitors* * Dialup warning** large images

hmmm well if you wanna be able to adjust each monitor height, angle and w/e then i think you will be needing to buy 4 individual monitor arms....which will prolly be over $300

one thing i'm thinking is maybe you could raise/lower the whole lot of monitors and then individually adjust their angles...might be around $200-250 for the arms/mounts and just get a sheet of ply.

Jetty- I just need to angle and adjust the entire lot. No need for me to be able to tilt each monitor separately. I hope to try to do a sketch up today.

cool what size monitors do you have there?

They are all Dell FP1901's exept the one on the far left its Dell FP1905 all 19 inch

WHATTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHOA i just got one like a couple weeks ago, major upgrade from the 17" CRT i've always had, i dual screen aswell, but still, i love that monitor now
    I had this huge fight with ebay as well as a company i got it off of for about 2 months just to get it...but the end price was about $50

here's what i be talking about then man. If you wanna, then make the arms yourself, just buy the materials. The LCD brackets you gotta buy i imagine, unless you would like to fashion them outta plexi or something (no one will ever see that anyways) And ya, any questions just hola

EDIT: P.S. this is just for idea obviously, if you were to build it then i'd expect that you figure all the trig. and loading...it's prolly like 50-60 lbs or something right?

This looks pretty good!
    What would you make the arms out of? thoughts on how to keep it adjustable?
    Thanks this is a killer start!

eh mate, k to use these i would think the bottom peice would be something like all-thread about 1/2" diam. and maybe 1/4" top parts. You should be able to find some sort of brackets that'll screw into the wall and take these rods. Same for the mounting to the plywood. I believe that you can grab these bars at homedepot. If not for sure on the net or hardware store. the brackets you'll either have to fashion or buy...i dunno if someone'll have exactly what you want but it should have somethin.....ok well i guess i'll do another sketch.

Is that what you think you'll want?

First off again thanks for all of your help. I think I get the basic concept your talking about Re: using the threaded rods to adjust tilt ext. im a little confused as th the sketch above though what are the center hooks for?