Page 1 of 11 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Monitor / Workspace Modding * quad monitors* * Dialup warning** large images

Default Monitor / Workspace Modding * quad monitors* * Dialup warning** large images

I have been away from modding for quite a while ( major mods) but I have a new project in mind that I need to get done. I start working from home 2 days a week starting the first of the year and really need to organize and maximize my desk space. I have a fairly large desk ( will post measurements and such soon). I am toying with the idea of wall mounting my monitors but I do not want to spend alot on mounts. My budget for this project is $300 or less. I would like to create a usable workspace that efficient. I feel the first step to this is to get quad monitors up off the desk and i figured while im am doing that i may as well mod them as well ( I really like the LCD mods with plexi and LCD's ) most of you have seen them many times but I am linking just in case.
    http://metku.net/index.html?path=mod...stft/index_eng

http://metku.net/index.html?sect=vie...tft/index_eng4

This concept seems to work quite well for single monitors but I Want to adapt it to quad or at least dual monitors and make it wall mountable.
    I Currently have 2 pcs at my desk each with its own set of dual monitors. And of course my laptop. I would be perfectly happy doing each set of dual monitors in a separate case ( in fact I prefer it) Also I need to figure out something to do with my big ass TV thats on the desk and the Direct TV receiver ( have a thought on that will post that later as well)
    Now I use this set up for gaming quite a bit and you may ask do i really need all of those monitors.. Yes and no It is great for the game I play (EQ) I play 6 accounts at once from time to time. for every day surfing and such I still use all the space because I have it.. I RDP to quite a few servers so it works out nice. Any ideas you have would be wonderful!!!
    Ok enough talk now picture time.

Default Re: Monitor / Workspace Modding * quad monitors* * Dialup warning** large images

I see watercooling hiding in one of those cases.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Buddhist View Post
    I'm starting to worry that I may become genuinely funny at some point. Then there will be no hope.

Default Re: Monitor / Workspace Modding * quad monitors* * Dialup warning** large images

its actually not I have 6 hard drives in the box ( plus 3 ext. drives behind the monitors) what your seeing is alternating green and black light cold cath lights between each HD.

ah rite, looked like tubing! :p
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Buddhist View Post
    I'm starting to worry that I may become genuinely funny at some point. Then there will be no hope.

Remember Remember, The 5th Of November.

Very sweet looking monitor mod, if i had a spare beige lcd i would attempt it, but my only spare 15" is going into one of my cases. yeah...

BTW who makes that desk? It would be perfect for what i need in my room but i would need the longer section on the other side.

read my comic already! (sig) xRyokenx's Avatar

D1337, it looks modular.

That desk would be great for my room too, and of course with a little custom woodwork, it'd be even better!

Sweet setup dude, I like the four monitors.

I got rid of my floppy disks Xpirate's Avatar

I never thought the multi-monitor thing was cool before I started using it at work. Having all that screen real estate is pretty sweet.

My next home system is going to either have a one really large widescreen monitor, or two flat panels.

I subscribed to this thread. BigJohnson's Avatar

Thats a really nice printer. We have dell workstations at work and we use that printer. It does things nicely.

Lol I didn't even realize that was a printer until you mentioned it. I thought it was a dehumidifier. Ya those seem to be nice printers now that Im looking it up. Cool.

I like the monitor mods with the plexi, but personally I would prefer to have a cutout in the plexi. Looking through the glass would frustrate me I think. But to each their own I suppose.

I built the desk ( what kind of custom woodwork are you thinking) That may aid in my quest for a better workspace. I am not dead set on plexie.. in fact I agree I do not want a sheen on my monitors. Maybe i should just figure out a way to mount them as is on the wall and ditch the stands? I have been thinking of trying to set up Synergy (http://synergy2.sourceforge.net/) so I can use one mouse and Keyboard across both systems if I do that i could stack the monitors... like below mount them on a peice of plywood and put them in the corner @ an angle down ( but it would have to swivel so I can adjust the angle...
    Last edited by imgregrice; 10-30-2007 at 07:39 PM. Reason: image messed up