Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast

Thread: Project: Frozen Sun

Default Re: Project: Frozen Sun

Looks good. I wish my dad case modded with me. Instead I have to fund it all and do all the work. Subscribing to this one!

Project: Elegant-Li The boy 4rm oz's Avatar

Looks cool. I am going to have to do something like that when I mount my 240mm radiator on the bottom of my case.
    Project: Elegant-Li *NEW*
    Project: Alpha FINISHED
    Project: LEXA Revival FINISHED
    Project: LEXA FINISHED Bit-Tech MOTM Nominee October 08

I can't stand it anymore!
    I am starting to jones.... I gotta know what happens next!
    Where is that darn boy?
    Probabbly doing something useless like his homework again!
    I think I will go harass him about adding an update.
    After all, "inquiring minds want to know..."

"If your gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough!"

Ok, time for another little update! Since the cameraman was busy cutting his fingers, we don't have any pictures of the job in progress... However, we do have a primary source of information! Unfortunately, he was killed in a tragic accident, so you'll need to settle for me.

To begin with, I once again taped off the case, to prevent needless scratching of the paint job. Then, I clamped it to a board, and we were ready to cut!

Our weapon of choice? The jigsaw!

Again, I used my father for the job of cutting. He's running low on fingers, so he taught himself to use the jigsaw with his feet. Since he was cutting and I holding the board stable, we couldn't be taking pictures, so all we have is the finished product!

The next step (which we decided on after Dad finished cutting the remains of his hand off on the sharp edges, was to sand down the cut with our handy dremel tool!

Here's the patient without the hospital clothes, ready to go back on the case!

Speak of the devil, there it is!

The issue is, the PSU support (the huge silver-grey thing near the back) blocks our view of the PSU, and wastes window space! Now, I couldn't have that, so my dad, drill in hand... well tongue.... proceeded to drill out its rivets. The finished result?

With that done, I couldn't wait to fit in the CrystalFontz for a preview of how it would look! I was a bit disapointed when I found it didn't fit... Look closely at the rectangular hole for the display, and you'll see that the mounting rack partially fills the hole!

Once again, looking closely, you can see the trouble areas colored with red sharpie.

Needless to say, I enticed my old man with cookies and coolness to cut these last two sections out, and now we're all set to move on!

Finally, like any good adventure story, the end result is awesome.

Modding; v. - The act of creating a computer as cool as mine.

were are my updates!!! the armor is my favorite all time case and i love this mod keep up the good work hey cereal do you have an aim screen name id love to talk to you about modding and stuff i think im like the same age as you im 14
    check out my pc on youtube
    sorry for the lack of a decent video it was late

wow my sig sucks.. ha

you can reach me at CerealKilaaa .... when I have a chance to be on that is! I Just got back from vacation with my family in MI.... turns out they aren't actually devils(!), which is why We didn't get much done this weekend.

looking good guys.
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega
    ber is id elicous
    Centurion 5 Mod <<--- ON HOLD FOR THE WINTER

It Isn't fair!

It seems like everyone and their brother has a sponser or three...

I want a sponser too... I am a good dad, I eat my veggie's, I only beat the boy if he deserves it (or maybe when I am bored...).

I need a sponser... That boy eats like a horse, do you have any idea just how much Boy Chow costs these days? It ain't cheap, believe you me. The I gotta clothe him, sack cloth isn't good enough for the boy! He wants jeans and stuff!

All this and I gotta pay for the mods too? It just ain't fair! I am gonna beat the boy till I get a sponser!

Oh look, I forgot to take my meds today... gulp, thats better... (pretty colors)...
    Never mind....

"If your gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough!"

Its not cool till its watercooled. Fuganater's Avatar

rofl crazy dude.... crazy dude

Okay, he needs a sponsor. I think thats been established... While were on the subject, I think he also needs some new meds, and a new boy, i'm outta here! XD Ive been playing with the "properties of special triangles" in geometry lately, which has been a bit hard and time consuming. The teacher didnt even seem to get the joke when I asked how to calculate the amount below average of the triangles IQ! Anyways, if i get some time between finishing HW and the parade im getting dragged to today, i'll have another update.