Thread: One day mod

Default One day mod

Ok, yesturday I got my third computer set up. Nothing special, Pentium 3, 340 mb of RAM, 40 gig harddrive. I had it laying around in my basement. I painted the case, cut out a window and installed some red cold-cathode tube (CCFL's), but they look pink . Here's a few pics.

The CD-ROM drive has yet to be painted. I painted one but it was the only drive I have that is broken, so I have to paint a working one now, and I am missing my floppy drive, but meh. The window design is part of a design I made last year between Activity/Lunch/ and German class I may finish it when I get a couple new jigsaw blades.. It looks better than the old biege box it was before I painted it. Not bad for about 6 hours of work total.

I'll get a pic of the inside tomarrow.

Also I guess you can call this my first "PC" mod. Seeing as how its the first mod I did that looks like a PC, my real first mod used a toolbox, so this is my first cased mod I suppose.

Default Re: One day mod

what did u make that window out off? kinda looks like tissue papre or sutin?????? **confuused**
    \
    BTW not bad for only a day

Its plexiglass, I got my sister to help out. We just sanded down one side to frost it. I really had to do this because the design for this old case has the PSU right next to the panel, so you really couldn't see anything anyway.

EDIT: well the batteries for my Digital camera craped out and I can't find the charger, I'll post pics of the inside when I can, and the CD-ROM drive should be dry by then.

Umm. Is it just me or are those cuts not the same? Or are they supposed to be?