Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Do you use any software that you fuind absolutely indispensable? Post it here.

Case Wizard

Default Re: Do you use any software that you fuind absolutely indispensable? Post it here.

Quote Originally Posted by smc1
    I am the admin of a small LAN and we have both Windows XP and Linux machines. To transfer files between Windows and Linux, I have found that Akeni LAN Messenger works very well. It does not have the LDAP and Active directory features found in its Enterprise IM product but it is easy to install.

Samba Dude .. set up right you can do LDAP and AD.

Freshmeat.net for stuff beyound SourceForge.

memtest86
    sandra Soft for benchmarks

D'Oh

Default Re: Do you use any software that you fuind absolutely indispensable? Post it here.

let's see... virtualdub (more than free, opensource) is indispensable for me... like irfanview... and mediaplayer classic (real/quicktime one)... and hmm... what else... WinISD(bet nobody cares about this one ), GIMP, hornresp, bittornado, speedfan (like mobo mon), openoffice.org... and winamp with jammix enhancer these are the free stuff i use... (i'm not counting the "other" type of software, like 3dsmax... which is like air to me)

|Projects: =N0Name= =Tensa case= || Life: waiting for the download to be completed... BSOD"|

D'Oh

..and dang, i forgot i use vlc too... must have slipped my mind.. this app is great...

|Projects: =N0Name= =Tensa case= || Life: waiting for the download to be completed... BSOD"|

Anodized

abi coder. (abisoft.net) Nothing like files with 448bit encryption. Oh yeah... ITS FREE TOO!

Open Office.

www.openoffice.org

the free alternitive to Microsoft office. I use it for just about everything.