Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Project [CIP]-XIXIV-[X4] FINISHED! 23th of october

Default Re: Project [CIP]-XIXIV-[X4] FINISHED! 23th of october

After all contestants gave there creation a place we all got a personal spot at regroup.

The problem was that most of us (like me) didn't have a system to use on the lan party because it was on display for the contest.

For those contestants who decided to be present everyday it where long though days, but fortunatelly everybody got along very well and there even was some room for pulling weird faces once a while

Me and my girlfriend booked a hotel around the corner an we left on friday around 23.00 (I can hardly remember hitting my pillow )
    We didn't really sleep late, my girlfriend went home on saturday and I arrived at tBCL around 11.00.

Saturday evening I did go back home because 2 nights in the hotel would be a bit too expensive and a friend of mine wanted to come along on sunday.

Once we got up to the price winner announcement they started with the winners of the regroup compo's after which it was tBCL's turn.

It was really exciting until the 2nd place was announced, normally I'm a quite modest person, but when I knew I won the first place I went crazy, I even think I acted like a complete idiot on stage

But If you see the price package you can imagine why that is a bit:

The final results for both categories where:

Caseconstructions:

1- Floriske.nl with XIXIV
    2- X-Gamer-X with Stealth
    3- Terw_dan with Tombraider
    4- Godric with Red Rogue
    5- Teamikke with The Kings castle

Casemod's :

1- Frenkie with The machine
    2- Mydogisgone with Illumini
    3- Koradhil with Gemini
    4- Farried112 with Stacker 830
    5- Kenny+ friends with Bouweenpc (BEP case)

After collecting the prizes and congratulating everyone it got about time to head on home again..

We didn't wait to long because the bus had to be back that same night.

Once I got home and unpacking everything I hooked up one system so my girlfriend could browse the internet again and took some pictures of the prize package.

So far my short (but hopefully interesting) review of tBCL 2006.

Now it's time for saying thanks:

First of all the guy who did the organization of the event Ed Buijs a.k.a. "Ediejo" of www.need-modding.nl whom you might know of the Extreme Lian-li and Batcase

His Need-Modding crew mate Neander and all other crew members.

They made sure the event went flawless and everybody had a great time.

In second place the organization and crew members. of regroup for making tBCL possible.

Of course the jury has a spot in the list, Ediejo, Waterkoud, A.P. Versteeg, ribbi en soefkonijn

All people who took the time to look at the mod's closely and voted.

All Gotters, Casejunks, Need-Modders, etc. etc. etc. who make the dutch casemod scene what it is and hooked me up with a great hobby.

The sponsors for making possible the amazing prize package.

-Icomputers
    -Corsair
    -Freezing Hardware
    -Star Systems
    -Be Quiet
    -MSI
    -Point of View
    -H.Essers
    -Skywest
    -Lian Li
    -AMD
    -Coolermaster
    -Recom
    -Thermaltake
    -Zalman
    -Airbrush studio Ribbi
    -NZXT
    -Traxdata
    -and even more I think.....

My girlfriend (who should actually be at the top of the list ) for supporting me in my hobby even though I can imagine it must have been quite annoying to here sometimes

And everybody I forgot.
    Furthermore I want to congratulate all contestants once more and my motto to make friends not enemies turned out a 100% success

See you next time!

Cabinet in it's place and signage foil removed

After not modding much for about a week I did a few hours of work again today.

First of all I have some pictures of the day after arriving back home from tBCL.

That day I finally put the cabinet in it's final spot in the living room.

Here you can see what a cable mess 4 systems make.

To mount my kvm switch into the cabinet I had to drill some holes in it because there weren't any mounting holes in it.

The router on the other hand has a mounting bracket so mounting it was just a matter of a few screws.

And there it is, a bit blurry
    , enjoying it's final place in the living room

but...............not for long because I removed the signage foil of the fronts, because the signmaker will resign them with the correct color soon.

First of all I de-mounted all front- and usb panels.

After which I peeled of the signage foil, fortunatelly this was quite easy

And there they are, ready to be brought to the signmaker, Again!

And this is what it looks like atm, less attractive then on the first picture, but if all goes well with the correct colored front panels soon

Finally got my fronts back

Unfortunately I reached my quote on my website, so I had to scale down the images to a poorer quality, sorry for that, but at least I can continue updating again.

* floriske.nl hates the fact that the weather isn't to good so I have to use the flash to take pictures.

I'm going to remount the interior CCFL's in the cabinet after which the project is about done. If I get to that point I'll borrow a decent camera and some film lights for a proper photo shoot.

Till next time!

The end in sight! : 22-10-2007

For a lot of you out there most likely an update which you've been waiting for, for which I appologise
    but I would like to say "Enjoy, because it will be the last one for now! ". This because with this update the mod gets a new label "Finished"

First of all here are two pictures which where hidden on someones phone

These two pictures are made while sanding the cabinet.

From here on onto the next step, re-mounting the CCFL's.
    I did this because the CCFl's mounted onto the cases didn't give the result I was looking for and because I wanted to be able to switch all of them centrally.

Of course all 4 cases had to be removed from the cabinet first.

The CCFL sets (a pretty important part of this update

I started with mounting two brackets, normally used for mounting electricity cables etcetera, per CCFL

In which I could simply clamp the CCFL's.

I mounted the inverters onto the air-vents between the cases in the back of the cabinet.

After this I removed the connectors from the original inverter power leads and made new, longer cabling from thin speakercable.
    These cables run through the air-vents and go down into the cabinet together with the rest of the cabling and finally are soldered to a seperate 12V PSU in the bottom of the cabinet.
    This PSU is switched by a simple RF switch normally intended for use in home situations like remotely switching lights etc.

Het gaat haast met pijn in het hart, maar met deze laatste foto's/update is het dan toch echt zo ver, voorlopig is dit project tot een, in mijn ogen zéér geslaagd, einde gekomen.

Who knows I will be doing some minor adjustments to the project in the future, but for now everything functions and looks like I want it to so I will be starting something new (more about this soon!)

Acknowledgments: 22-10-2007

Hereby I would like to use the opportunity to thank everybody who has been following, critisising, praising and carefully reading my worklog since the start of the project.

Ofcoarse all casemodders as wel for hooking me up to casemodding, without them this project would never have existed.

The organisation and all visitors of tBCL have to be named as well, thanks to them I won the first prize and inderictly with this they made my new project possible.

And ofcourse everybody I forgot!

So far for now!
    THANKS ALL!

Now, let's continu to one more part of this update, one without text, pictures of the final result!

Photoshoot final result: 22-10-2007

Well, finally there it is, my (overhere) 23 posts long worklog of my latest finished project.

I've been a frequent reader at TBCS for quite sometime now, but never took the effort of regestering. Mostly because I'm a verry busy bugger and if I have to keep track of all forums out there I wouldn't have time to sleep

Today I did register because I couldn't resist posting the project log of my latest finished project XIXIV which you find above.

On short notice I will start a new project (Preperations are being done atm) and I might just post the progress of it overhere as well.

I noticed one thing while posting my worklog, every image is placed on a new line in the posts, eventhough I seperated them with spaces.
    Am I doing something wrong, or is this standard here at TBCS?

Enjoy reading and mostly watching this 23 posts, 600 pictures long worklog!

Welcome aboard! That's a beautiful project; I particularly love the cabinet and the finish on it.

Congratulations on winning the competition, that looks like an incredible prize package!

\m/ d(-_-)b \m/

R9 290X+Kraken+Corsair H90, Xeon 5649@4ghz, Asus P6T-WS Pro

That is amazing work, absolutely brilliant and beautiful. Welcome to TBCS, hope you post some more projects for us. And no you aren't doing anything wrong. We are updating some of the display features and for a while the pics are showing up wierd, even the gig images seem to stretch across the screen but we are working on that.
    Last edited by jdbnsn; 10-26-2007 at 11:58 AM.

Project: Elegant-Li The boy 4rm oz's Avatar

Mate awesome work. +rep
    Project: Elegant-Li *NEW*
    Project: Alpha FINISHED
    Project: LEXA Revival FINISHED
    Project: LEXA FINISHED Bit-Tech MOTM Nominee October 08

Very nice job, great result +rep.

Yea they appear on a new line now, because of something that happened when code was added to make sure all images were below a certain size. So you haven't done anything wrong.

before I start replying to your comments I just want to say one thing: this is way too much credit! My first post at TBCS and on the frontpage after a few days

First of all I want to appologise for not replying to your comments sooner, but I'm a very busy bugger in my daily life, so I don't always get to posting on the different forums on a frequent base.

This doesn't mean that I don't keep track of most of them, during workbrakes etc. I always try to take some time to visit the forums and reed other peoples worklogs, it's just that mostly I get so cought up in reading that I don't get to posting

Now, on with the ontopic stuff
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke122 View Post
    Welcome aboard! That's a beautiful project; I particularly love the cabinet and the finish on it.

Congratulations on winning the competition, that looks like an incredible prize package!
    (I'll get back to the compliments later )

Regarding the cabinet, I'm very happy with the results as well, it just blends in with the rest of our furniture perfectly and the color came out even better than I hoped.

Most of the time all CCFl's are turned off because it becomes too much of a disco in the living room, but that only does good to the overall looks, the lights don't draw all the attention away from the cabinet.

Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn View Post
    That is amazing work, absolutely brilliant and beautiful. Welcome to TBCS, hope you post some more projects for us. And no you aren't doing anything wrong. We are updating some of the display features and for a while the pics are showing up wierd, even the gig images seem to stretch across the screen but we are working on that.
    Your wish is my command

I'm glad to read that it's not my fault the pictures line up a little weird, I started worrying about me having messed up the forum
    Quote Originally Posted by The boy 4rm oz View Post
    Mate awesome work. +rep
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty View Post
    Very nice job, great result +rep.

Yea they appear on a new line now, because of something that happened when code was added to make sure all images were below a certain size. So you haven't done anything wrong.
    In general: Thanks so much for the great comments! Of course I mod for my own pleasure, but it always does good to hear other people enjoy my creations as well!
    Don't think about modding it, MOD IT!
    Current project Core4 sponsored by AC-Ryan
    Previous project XIXIV
    My homepage

(translation nearly done)

before I start replying to your comments I just want to say one thing: this is way too much credit! My first post at TBCS and on the frontpage after a few days
    I decide if you get too much credit! :p

That was some fantastic work and an extremely elegant design, more than worthy of front page news buddy. And from what I can tell, your other mods is following the same road.

Jon
    "At the midpoint on the journey of life, I found myself in a dark forest, for the clear path was lost..." -Dante Alighieri