Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: bought me a laptop

Default bought me a laptop

Got myself a little laptop. Completely fed up of using the handicapped system in the hospital (six inch long qwerty keyboard + firewall hell)....

So went down the local PCworld when they had an end of line sale on ... got a Compaq Presario with Dual core Intel 1.6ghz Procs, 1Gig Ram, 15.4" screen DVD/CD RW+ running Vista.

Was reduced from £430 to £330 for clearance but had no battery ... so I offered the manager £300 ($600 ish) and he said yes. Stuff is not as cheap here as in the US but I consider this a nice bargain .. only going to cost me £35 to buy a battery on ebay.

Then I got myself moved into a bed on the east side of the hospital next to a window ... the building opposite my window has a free wireless public access wifi - gets a little slow and jumpy in the week but works real fine in the evenings weekends.

Default Re: bought me a laptop

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Buddhist View Post

Then I got myself moved into a bed on the east side of the hospital next to a window ... the building opposite my window has a free wireless public access wifi - gets a little slow and jumpy in the week but works real fine in the evenings weekends.
    Any better hotspots around? http://www.aircrack-ng.org/doku.php (purely for reference purposes, please dont use it for anything illegal)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Buddhist View Post
    I'm starting to worry that I may become genuinely funny at some point. Then there will be no hope.

Remember Remember, The 5th Of November.

the laptop is identical to the one my mom has, which she never uses.... so i do.

grats on the new laptop.

Hey .. it's free - pretty good really. Drops to about 1/2 Meg during the day. Just not the 14 Mb/s I am used to from home:

But it works !

Edit: Thanx D .. shes quite sweet.

Practice random acts of generosity Omega's Avatar

<3

i5-3570k @ 4.40GHz // R9 380X @ 1020MHz // 2x Samsung 850 EVO SSDs // 2x 2TB HDDs
    Fractal Design Define R2 XL "Monolith"

nice, i don't really like laptops though, (mainly the touchpad, but that can be easily fixed with a usb one)

hope things are doing good in the hospital, guess they are if your buying laptops haha. don't forget to take your blue pill there!
    CPU: Q6600 G0 3.5GHz@1.4v (4.2GHz max) / 4790k 4.8ghz @1.265v
    GPU: 9800GTX /GTX780 hydrocopper
    Ram: Samsung 4GB /gskill 16gb DDR3 1600
    Mobo: EVGA-NF68-A1 680i (P32) /AsRock Extreme6
    PSU: Enermax Galaxy 850Watt /EVGA 850 G2
    HDD: OCZ 120GB Vertex4, Samsung evo 840 250GB
    LCD: Samsung 32" LN32A450, Samsung 226BW 22" wide
    Sound: Logtiech Z 5500
    CPU & GPU: 3x Swiftech MCR320, 2x MCP655, MCW60 R2, Dtek Fuzion V2, 18 high speed yates @ 5v

Just make sure the blue pill doesn't have a little V imprinted on it!

As for the laptop, not a bad buy at all.... now you have to run SuperPi on it!
    Antec Sonata II | Pioneer DVR-212
    Good news! You can follow my website or follow me on twitter!

Quote Originally Posted by crenn View Post
    Just make sure the blue pill doesn't have a little V imprinted on it!

As for the laptop, not a bad buy at all.... now you have to run SuperPi on it!

V for valium? ... I'm on the yellow ones for control of muscle spasm (Diazepam 5mg x 3 a day) blues are 10mg. But they are wearing off as I have been on them for two years ... sooo we are currently in a new "drug experimentation phase" that is playing hell with me - mainly because they are trying to treat me for "Neuropathic pain" instead of the spasms based on a fowl and fictitious report by a Neurologist.

.. so the current prescription is Amitriptyline - the antidepressant - which is known not to have Muscle relaxant properties though is good for Neuropathic pain and is therefore doing me no good whatsoever but is likely to get me addicted to yet another useless drug.

Problem with doctors here is if you don't "comply" with their ideas you are not going to get help - and if you do "comply" when they are plain wrong they walk off pretending they have done their job.

No.... V for a drug which help older men >.>;

It's strange that you're having problems with doctors.... but then again a lot of doctors are full of themselves xP
    Antec Sonata II | Pioneer DVR-212
    Good news! You can follow my website or follow me on twitter!

No.... V for a drug which help older men >.>;
    Interestingly also a BIGTIME recreational drug with the young in this country who want to stay up all night having "fun" ... and don't seem to realise that when they are over thirty, in all likelihood, they will need to plaster themselves in bondo to get a stiffy.

It's strange that you're having problems with doctors.... but then again a lot of doctors are full of themselves xP
    Yes ... that chimes with my experience and quite literally with my description of them ... "They have their heads so far up their a***s they don't know what the sun looks like any more" - which would indeed make them "full of themselves".

Last edited by Crazy Buddhist; 10-24-2007 at 05:12 PM. Reason: because I can