Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast

Thread: Crysis specs revealed!

read my comic already! (sig) xRyokenx's Avatar

Default Re: Crysis specs revealed!

Holy **** that game is awesome. I loved that demo to death... too bad my PC only runs it just above low on 800x600... ah well, that's what overclocking is for, hahaha... that or my CPU and RAM are bottlenecking my 8500GT... hmm....

I don't think you could play that on a card much lower than mine... the minimum requirements were kinda low, lol... I'm thinking 640x480 resolution on low will probably get you like 10fps...

Remember Remember, The 5th Of November.

beat the game on "Delta".. Pretty easy. just dont be an idiot and run guns blazing.

Notable things:
    when you get into the boat, if you drive to far into the ocean youll be blown away by a warship.

DONT TRY TO SNIPE AT A LONG LONG RANGE, it can sometimes take a few CLIPS to take down people at a long range. go for a midrange headshot.

theres some kind of sniper/dart bullet? that is slow to reload but seems to be more accurate and infinite.

Your character is a transsexual... you can switch between male and female voices.

Vehicles are a godsent if you use them properly.

On Delta difficulty, you will die in a few shots, you MUST mid range snipe people off turrets (boats, humvee's, and the one near the radio tower) or as soon as you become visible your pretty much dead.

A.I isnt as great as i thought it would be, they have poor fighting tactics, they wont normally charge you if your taking cover in a building.

If the demo is a sign of how good the real game is going to be, im gonna be slightly disappointed. sand textures underwater are basically the same, ai isnt that good, glitchy in some points.. =/

Quote Originally Posted by .Maleficus. View Post
    So I'm OFFICIALLY getting an 8800GT now.

Man, ATIs current cards kinda suck though... When something that should be WAY better (2900XT - 1GB GDDR4, etc. etc.) is getting owned by something with half that...
    Or you could buy second-hand GTXs if people decided to which to GTs

I agree, running in guns blazing hasn't worked so far. The one thing that gets me every time is the damn boat at the 'First Light' base, every time, i can take it out but it takes far too many shots. Where do you get the sniper?

I agree about the vehicles, so damn helpful, except when you aren't looking at the flames and stuff then realize and its too late and then boom and back and you fly and you die but it all looks pretty so its all really good and stuff

No punctuation in that last bit what so ever lol.

well after trying about 5-10 minutes of it i really like it accept that it has lag. when i am walking forward it keeps going. i think its my system not the game... i hope (from the sounds of you guys its my system). i get 16fps av on 800x600 (in a window on my 1024x786 desktop) on all low with a oc'd cpu and video card.

i really like the opening scene though how it travels through the suit and all.

if i can pull if off i might sell my current card and 512mb stick of ram and try to get a 7800 or 7900 card.
    CPU: Q6600 G0 3.5GHz@1.4v (4.2GHz max) / 4790k 4.8ghz @1.265v
    GPU: 9800GTX /GTX780 hydrocopper
    Ram: Samsung 4GB /gskill 16gb DDR3 1600
    Mobo: EVGA-NF68-A1 680i (P32) /AsRock Extreme6
    PSU: Enermax Galaxy 850Watt /EVGA 850 G2
    HDD: OCZ 120GB Vertex4, Samsung evo 840 250GB
    LCD: Samsung 32" LN32A450, Samsung 226BW 22" wide
    Sound: Logtiech Z 5500
    CPU & GPU: 3x Swiftech MCR320, 2x MCP655, MCW60 R2, Dtek Fuzion V2, 18 high speed yates @ 5v

Remember Remember, The 5th Of November.

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty View Post
    Or you could buy second-hand GTXs if people decided to which to GTs

I agree, running in guns blazing hasn't worked so far. The one thing that gets me every time is the damn boat at the 'First Light' base, every time, i can take it out but it takes far too many shots. Where do you get the sniper?

I agree about the vehicles, so damn helpful, except when you aren't looking at the flames and stuff then realize and its too late and then boom and back and you fly and you die but it all looks pretty so its all really good and stuff

No punctuation in that last bit what so ever lol.
    there isnt a sniper in the demo, if you were referring to my "dont try to snipe at long long ranges"

to take out the first boat,i suggest you prone down the hill/cliff keep as hidden as possible and take out the guards.

then head towards the humvee, hide then cloak and run up and headshot the guy in its gunning station, get inside and immediatly switch to the gunner spot, and do first person aim (right click).

if your having trouble there, expect HELL when you have to go into that small village area.

btw melee and tossing is pointless on Delta difficulty, so dont even try it (like it was very useful in the first place... =.=)

if anyone wants me to fraps a delta run, or specific points to help you i can.

Ah yea the Hummer thingy... *duh* totally forgot about that. Done it twice now without using it yet though.

Just gone a screened a load of LOW/Medium/High/V High comparisons. Some things make no difference really, others make huge differences.

My specs:

AMD 4800 x2 (will oc to 2.6)
    2 gigs ram
    7800gt in sli

Do you think if i got a 8800gt i would be able run it DX10 on high settings?

Thanks
    -dan

Click here for the Battlefield 2 L.A.N. Pc worklog.

read my comic already! (sig) xRyokenx's Avatar

I OC'd my card and got about 20-40fps (guesstimate) on 1024x768 with everything on medium and a couple things on high... what would make it so that it doesn't draw everything when you get close enough? Like, I want to increase that distance because it annoys me a little.

^^ i would go all low settings, maybe shadow and model med and distance full.
    CPU: Q6600 G0 3.5GHz@1.4v (4.2GHz max) / 4790k 4.8ghz @1.265v
    GPU: 9800GTX /GTX780 hydrocopper
    Ram: Samsung 4GB /gskill 16gb DDR3 1600
    Mobo: EVGA-NF68-A1 680i (P32) /AsRock Extreme6
    PSU: Enermax Galaxy 850Watt /EVGA 850 G2
    HDD: OCZ 120GB Vertex4, Samsung evo 840 250GB
    LCD: Samsung 32" LN32A450, Samsung 226BW 22" wide
    Sound: Logtiech Z 5500
    CPU & GPU: 3x Swiftech MCR320, 2x MCP655, MCW60 R2, Dtek Fuzion V2, 18 high speed yates @ 5v

I haven't been able to do set mine to Very High. But I just finished the demo..... I wasn't looking at this game..... but hell, I AM NOW!!

I had my 8600GT on High and was averaging around 15-20FPS which is playable. I only played on Normal and I had problems.... I found out how to pick up enemy weapons later in the game. But I love the graphics, even if it was only on high. I couldn't activate AA at all, but the game is still wow.... I'm starting to make a list of what I need to buy!

New HSF for CPU
    New PSU
    New Graphics Card,
    New Ram......
    Estimated cost.... $2.5k
    Antec Sonata II | Pioneer DVR-212
    Good news! You can follow my website or follow me on twitter!