Page 1 of 23 12345611 ... LastLast

Thread: Crysis specs revealed!

Default Crysis specs revealed!

Demo is now released.

Some screens

Minimum System Requirements

OS - Windows XP or Windows Vista

Processor - 2.8 GHz or faster (XP) or 3.2 GHz or faster* (Vista)

Memory - 1.0 GB RAM (XP) or 1.5 GB RAM (Vista)

Video Card -256 MB**

Hard Drive - 12GB

Sound Card - DirectX 9.0c compatible

* Supported Processors: Intel Pentium 4 2.8 GHz (3.2 GHz for Vista) or faster, Intel Core 2.0 GHz (2.2 GHz for Vista) or faster, AMD Athlon 2800+ (3200+ for Vista) or faster.

** Supported chipsets: NVIDIA GeForce 6800 GT or greater; ATI Radeon 9800 Pro (Radeon X800 Pro for Vista) or greater. Laptop versions of these chipsets may work but are not supported. Integrated chipsets are not supported. Updates to your video and sound card drivers may be required.

Recommended System Requirements

OS - Windows XP / Vista

Processor - Intel Core 2 DUO @ 2.2GHz or AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+

Memory - 2.0 GB RAM

GPU - NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS/640 or similar
    Time for some serious Crysis PWNAGE!!

"Our vision for Crysis has always been to create the most stunning, immersive FPS experience ever, and we've been working hard not only to do that on the high end, but also in pushing current generation hardware so that everyone gets the maximum experience," said Cevat Yerli, CEO of Crytek. "And while these specs affect how Crysis will perform now, we have also optimized Crysis so that the game scales forward 1-2 years --we want to make sure that Crysis' gameplay, visuals and performance improves as technology does."

Additional note from Cevat Yerli:

"Our goal with Crysis was to create the most technically ambitious computer game produced to date. What does that mean exactly? Well, technology in games is traditionally pushed in one of two directions. Either towards visual fidelity (comprising polygon throughput, draw distance, animation systems and advanced shader technologies) or, more rarely, towards, through the direction of persistent physical interaction within the game world (so that what you see is what you get, and more importantly can use).

In making Crysis we decided early on to push both directions as far as we could; we invested heavily in the high end in order to create the most visually impressive and immersive experience for players, and to effectively future-proof the game for the next few years. Crysis is pushing about 10x the data we had in FarCry, which is phenomenal.

Like putting the proverbial quart into a pint pot, scaling this back through optimization to our stated goal of rigs 2-3 years old has been a huge challenge, but we are very happy with the results so far and specific tweaks are still happening as I type. Our recommended and minimum specs have been released today, so we hope this finally puts people at ease about what hardware they will need to get the most out of the game on November 16th."
    My rig's ready, is yours?
    Last edited by Scotty; 10-29-2007 at 06:18 PM.

Default Re: Crysis specs revealed!

yes. My _new_ rig is ready and waiting!

(just need a better cpu (running a pentium D 950 @3.4ghz) now but it still is better than spec)
    "...Dumb all over, A little ugly on the side... "...Frank Zappa...

no , not yet... though it will run with it according to those specs, but i think it will be so bad its not worth trying to play. i think i will be waiting for the new nvidia cards and intel cpu's so i can really kick some ass and take names.
    CPU: Q6600 G0 3.5GHz@1.4v (4.2GHz max) / 4790k 4.8ghz @1.265v
    GPU: 9800GTX /GTX780 hydrocopper
    Ram: Samsung 4GB /gskill 16gb DDR3 1600
    Mobo: EVGA-NF68-A1 680i (P32) /AsRock Extreme6
    PSU: Enermax Galaxy 850Watt /EVGA 850 G2
    HDD: OCZ 120GB Vertex4, Samsung evo 840 250GB
    LCD: Samsung 32" LN32A450, Samsung 226BW 22" wide
    Sound: Logtiech Z 5500
    CPU & GPU: 3x Swiftech MCR320, 2x MCP655, MCW60 R2, Dtek Fuzion V2, 18 high speed yates @ 5v

Is awesome

My system barely meets the minimum (almost exactly the minimum actually) but i probably won't get the game anyway. And i prefer gameplay over mindblowing graphics anyday.

Now to play team fortress 2.
    You love my sig.

I mod everything I touch. Indybird's Avatar

Im going to be upgrading to a ATI HD2950Pro once those come out (a few days after crysis) so I'll be able to run it in DX10, the way it was meant to be played. Other than that my system is all ready. I just freed 50GB now that I cleared my recycle bin for the first time in a year .

I've already got it pre-ordered, so Im set there.

-Indybird

Quote Originally Posted by Indybird View Post
    the way it was meant to be played.
    in order to say that you have to have a nvidia card not some cheap ATI substitute

i think thats one of there slogans.
    CPU: Q6600 G0 3.5GHz@1.4v (4.2GHz max) / 4790k 4.8ghz @1.265v
    GPU: 9800GTX /GTX780 hydrocopper
    Ram: Samsung 4GB /gskill 16gb DDR3 1600
    Mobo: EVGA-NF68-A1 680i (P32) /AsRock Extreme6
    PSU: Enermax Galaxy 850Watt /EVGA 850 G2
    HDD: OCZ 120GB Vertex4, Samsung evo 840 250GB
    LCD: Samsung 32" LN32A450, Samsung 226BW 22" wide
    Sound: Logtiech Z 5500
    CPU & GPU: 3x Swiftech MCR320, 2x MCP655, MCW60 R2, Dtek Fuzion V2, 18 high speed yates @ 5v

I'm set. And I'll hopefully be getting a new card in winter (December/January) so I'll be even more set then.
    RIP Bucko

I mod everything I touch. Indybird's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spawn-Inc View Post
    in order to say that you have to have a nvidia card not some cheap ATI substitute

i think thats one of there slogans.
    shhh, don't tell them im stealing their slogans. And besides the HD2950 will almost be able to compete with the 8800 Ultra...Cheap substitute my ass.

-Indybird

Project: Elegant-Li The boy 4rm oz's Avatar

12GB hard drive space geez, that's a lot. My specs are all fine. I will overclock my E6600 though, I want it at at least 3.4GHZ.
    Project: Elegant-Li *NEW*
    Project: Alpha FINISHED
    Project: LEXA Revival FINISHED
    Project: LEXA FINISHED Bit-Tech MOTM Nominee October 08

read my comic already! (sig) xRyokenx's Avatar

Sweet, I'll be able to play it on my rig. Schwing!

I hope it doesn't have Nazi-ish antipiracy stuff though, I don't pirate stuff, especially not if I payed my hard earned cash for it, but if they get too crazy with it then it's just inconvenient and takes half the fun out of the game.

I should do fine with my specs:

2.8ghz Pentium D
    1gb Dual Channel DDR2 800
    SATA II HDD (250GB)
    MSI 8500GT
    Etc. etc. yadda yadda yadda...

Now to decide... STALKER: Clear Skies... or Crysis... well, STALKER was cool, but I didn't like it as much, I'd rather watch someone play it as I'm just not good at that game.