Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Goodbye GTO...

Greco101

Default Goodbye GTO...

Well, I just watched some guy drive away in my 2006 GTO.

My mom had her identity stolen and her account drained and could no longer make payments. Over 50,000 was stolen - left over from our last house so we had the money for the goat... but couldn't of been able to afford it on salary alone at 800 a month.

For christmas, I got an '05 automatic, then traded it in 3 months later for my birthday and got the '06 6 speed which bumped up the price a bit which made it so much a month.

Damn this sucks... My nova isn't up to par for a daily driver yet and I don't have the money to make it one either. This makes it a lot harder to get a job...

How much faster can you render the bsod? Ap1thy's Avatar

Default Re: Goodbye GTO...

ouch, the gto is one of my favorite cars, if i had one id be devastated... honestly its the worst advice, but its the only one ive got, buy a cheapo 90's Honda, as long as the gangsta ricemen havent messed with it, they usually are more than reliable for a daily driver, coming from someone who works on cars all the time

yeah get a small honda or saturn just to get around and save money on gas. be good on the brakes and maintain your oil. save a little money on the side for something else if you need more horses and when you've got half of what you need for a new whip, take out a loan for the other half, bargain down the price of the car with cash in your hand and then once you're driving away in it, sell the small auto after a few weeks for an extra couple hundred $$ for any repair your new ride might need.

ATX Mental Case

I feel your pain, I'm in the same situation with that truck we've been back and forthing over I'm sorry man, I had the same thing happen to my father with his monte carlo I heard a thundering and screeching one night, thought it was local drunks and when he went to go and get in his car the next day it was gone... he was worse off though, I'd given him a truck that would have been good for the road with 100 bucks more work, and he sold it before the car was repo'd... I hope the best for you man, if you can squeeze the money for the nova do what you can. thats all we can do in this situation.

I didn't know I can put a custom title Dilphat's Avatar

dam dude, that hecka sucks! yea and i know how hard it is to get around san diego without a car. but yeah, best bet would probably get a honda or something cheap that runs ok and has been maintained. then drive that around for a good while till you get back on your feet. then get your car back!
    Do origami to calm yourself when something doesn't make sense or fit! haha, if all else fails get the paper you folded and burn it for no apparent reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Dilphat View Post
    ... i know how hard it is to get around California without a car. ...
    Fixed...
    "...Dumb all over, A little ugly on the side... "...Frank Zappa...

Damn, that sucks man. Something similar, kinda, happened to me.

I was a Kung-Fu instructor like 3 or 4 years ago now. My instructor was like another father to me. So, when I had enough for my car, 11k for a 2000 Mercury Cougar V6 5spd, my family thought it would be best to have us put it in my instructors name, because I was rebellious, missed my real mom and dad who lived 500 miles away, and I spent all my free time teaching and at the school with my instructor anyways, so we put the car in his name basically to keep me inline.

Well, turns out, he never paid for the car in full. He did one of those things where you pay payments, but you never own it. I found out after I got run over by a Ford Excursion soon after he was arrested and put in jail for raping some kid like 50 miles away. I felt betrayed, like you know someone for 17 years, hes one of your families closest friends, and yet apparently you don't know that person any bit at all.

When we went to the insurance company to get everything fixed or whatever they told us we couldn't do anything because it was in his name and not mine. Thats when we also figured out that the car was never paid for, because we paid 3 payments hoping to get the car in our name and fixed and such. His sister, who had rights or whatever when you give them to someone when something like that happens or you have mental issues, went and picked it up and gave it to her kid or something.

I was soooooo pissed. It was my car. And yet it wasn't.

So ya, your not alone in those lose your car or something important situations. Others are there with ya! It sucks for a long ass time, but then you get over, get everything together and it works out. I took out a loan and bought a 2003 Dodge SRT-4 and now its pretty much paid off. Sucked ass having to go through that, but things work out in the end.

Greco101

How Ironic that the day I get my car repo'd I get my first call ever for a interview! Luckily, it is at a truck yard only half a mile away from my house.

I'm not sure what the job really consists of yet... I'd imagine just cleaning out excess dirt from trailers, washing trucks maybe? Can't be too extreme and hell, it's money. I can even walk to work to save gas or maybe buy a go-ped or something.

Greco101

The guy was a PRICK. The lady sent me back to his office in the shop and it's just a place with a bunch of trucks being worked on etc... I'm standing there like an idiot not knowing where the hell to go... I figure the only place that could be the office was up these stairs so I go up.. get to the door... "WAIT!.......Come in." The guy basically called me back to talk **** about my resume... "You have no prior work experience... you're still in school... yada yada yada."

1) WTF did you call me in for asshole.
    2) They're online classes!!

I guess the first interview is always a pain... :\

ATX Mental Case

ya, once again I feel your pain!

jobs are hard to find in this town, like really hard, so I finally got an interview at a gas bar in town, for a FILLER position, as in full service I sit there and wait till someone comes and pump gas, right? so I'm like, well I've got some background, went to school to work on the things, I should be easily able to fill a friggin gas tank, so I get the call I'm like O.O sweet, job! I go up for the interview and the guy looks me up and down (as if that isn't creepy enough) he starts over my resume, "i see here you've got a few people you've worked for on different cars, was *any* of this done in a shop?" I started to explain alot of work was shade tree style (backyards) but I went to school and it was at least 75% shop time. I got to the shop time part and he tears into me about how it doesn't count and I need shop time before I go applying for mechanic jobs and some other stuff. I just kind of went O.O "right well I guess I won't be PUMPING GAS here" took my resume out of his hand and walked away... some people are frggin retarded when it comes to interviews....