Thread: Air conditioned cases

Default Air conditioned cases

Anybody have one? Anyone ever use one? Have a friend that has one? has anyone ever actually seen one?

I was considering it but all the reviews I have found are just adverts for the product.
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, con a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyse a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects"

Robert A. Heinlein

Default Re: Air conditioned cases

are you talking buying a refrigeration unit or water cooling blowing cold air in the case? i would soon get a really nice w/c setup then cool my case.
    CPU: Q6600 G0 3.5GHz@1.4v (4.2GHz max) / 4790k 4.8ghz @1.265v
    GPU: 9800GTX /GTX780 hydrocopper
    Ram: Samsung 4GB /gskill 16gb DDR3 1600
    Mobo: EVGA-NF68-A1 680i (P32) /AsRock Extreme6
    PSU: Enermax Galaxy 850Watt /EVGA 850 G2
    HDD: OCZ 120GB Vertex4, Samsung evo 840 250GB
    LCD: Samsung 32" LN32A450, Samsung 226BW 22" wide
    Sound: Logtiech Z 5500
    CPU & GPU: 3x Swiftech MCR320, 2x MCP655, MCW60 R2, Dtek Fuzion V2, 18 high speed yates @ 5v

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

Wherever I look, it seems that people are saying something on the lines of "Good concept, but just doesn't work, yet".

I would just stick to water cooling. Its guaranteed to cool efficiently, aside from those cheap kits. If you want to spend as little as possible without losing quality or efficiency, I would just look into Swiftech. They have some pretty nice kits for under $150.

Now if you don't like water cooling, theres another option. The Ionic Breeze mod. A little pricey, especially if you need to get a case that will work. But I think it was something like... 325CFM at 0dba?

http://inventgeek.com/Projects/IonCooler/Overview.aspx
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

Anodized

yeah I was going to ask the same question. A smaller air conditioner without (if even possible) chemicals and only utilizing electricity, which I'm no electrical/air person so I wouldn't know.

But if it could be done with just electricity it'd probably be in every computer . . .
    General Omega.
    Cooling Modder.

The problem with modern AC is that it builds up condensation. It's designed to keep things at a certain humidity range as well as temp and that almost always equates to small amounts of water buildup. On electronics that is deadly, as we all know.

Unless you know how to build your own custom mini-hvac setup properly, the chance for actually getting an A/C computer running for long periods is minimal.

In case, you haven't seen this thread

Here's someone who used Nature's air conditioner - Wisconsin Winter

IIRC, TGS used a VapoChill phase change cooler in his R2D2 mod (and finally pulled it due to problems.)

i think once i get my refrigeration license (will take 4 more years) i'd like to try to make my own two stage phase change cooler.

here is a guy who made two 2 stage's for video card and cpu.
    CPU: Q6600 G0 3.5GHz@1.4v (4.2GHz max) / 4790k 4.8ghz @1.265v
    GPU: 9800GTX /GTX780 hydrocopper
    Ram: Samsung 4GB /gskill 16gb DDR3 1600
    Mobo: EVGA-NF68-A1 680i (P32) /AsRock Extreme6
    PSU: Enermax Galaxy 850Watt /EVGA 850 G2
    HDD: OCZ 120GB Vertex4, Samsung evo 840 250GB
    LCD: Samsung 32" LN32A450, Samsung 226BW 22" wide
    Sound: Logtiech Z 5500
    CPU & GPU: 3x Swiftech MCR320, 2x MCP655, MCW60 R2, Dtek Fuzion V2, 18 high speed yates @ 5v

no no no... I am talking about a regular case... sold as a complete item... with an a/c unit.

LINK
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, con a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyse a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects"

Robert A. Heinlein

D'Oh

I remembered I saw this case, the one from xoxide, on ppcs..
    but there they have some reviews.. real ones, with inner shots, tests.. and stuff
    Could be interesting, but I think it needs a bigger TEC, not just a 120W one.

|Projects: =N0Name= =Tensa case= || Life: waiting for the download to be completed... BSOD"|