Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cheating?

Default Re: Cheating?

I cheat all the frikin time just cause its fun, but never online where other people are affected.

edit: I think the only games I ever beat without cheats were pokemon, wario ware, KOTOR, and kingdom hearts bwahahahaaaa

Would You kindly... luciusad2004's Avatar

I don't cheat but i do act like an A-hole when i play halo pc. I don't know why, In ANY other game, im the nicest person but something about halo turns me in to a jerk. For a while i made a bad habit of joining random servers and just team killing EVERYONE. I also considered downloading an aimbot, but i could never find one. I don't know what it was about that game. Oh well, my pc doesn't run games anymore for some reason so i can't do that anymore.

Other than that, no cheating for me unless i have beaten the game... or its something like the sims were i just want to have fun.
    What if I'm a Snowstorm burning
    What if I'm a world unturning.

read my comic already! (sig) xRyokenx's Avatar

I can understand in the Sims as you start with no money, lol.

I kicked ass in this one custom map in Halo, I flew around on this little plane and took out everyone. I had ten people on me and I didn't die once. ^_^

I think cheating is when someone uses a hack in a game to ruin the fun for others. That's real cheating.

My view on cheating in single player is different. In Animal Crossing there are 15 playable original NES games. Most of them are impossible to get. It just plain isn't programmed into the game to be able to get them, so I cheated to get them. I mean, I payed $20 for the game. I want to get my full $20 out of it.

I cheated in Rise of Legends because I found the game to be tedious, but I wanted to finish the story. I'm glad I cheated in that case, it was actually more fun. I also tell people that I cheated so that I'm not a liar.

I didn't cheat in SupCom..... because I didn't know you could!
    Antec Sonata II | Pioneer DVR-212
    Good news! You can follow my website or follow me on twitter!

I've modded the hell out of Oblivion, but none of them are god mode mods... I have some that increase weapon damage for realism and improve textures and weather and all... I only got the one where you get an amulet to change your class, race, etc. just because if I ever felt like changing anything around I wanted some options... that and my character was kind of ugly due to a facial texture revamp.

What's with all the "well, I did cheat... but only to do such and such". I love how you guys all try to trick you selves into thinking you're not a cheater.

Quote Originally Posted by public_eyesore View Post
    What's with all the "well, I did cheat... but only to do such and such". I love how you guys all try to trick you selves into thinking you're not a cheater.
    I do it with other things too! Just like how I have a skewed view of myself, heh heh. (Nervus lafter neyds to go alon with this shorter spelin of thins) But yeah... curious, ain't it?

Ooh! I know! It's not cheating, it's enhanced gameplay!

Well, I got the book recently and have been reading it. It's an interesting read, and so far I'd definitely recommend it to my fellow geeks here. It definitely IS interesting how we as gamers rationalize our cheating habits, for instance using a "strategy guide" could easilly be considered cheating, but how many can honestly say they've never done it or would never do it. Bots, aim hacks, speed hacks, etc. Or, it's ok as long as it's single player, or ok as long as <insert variable here>. The book and this thread has kinda opened my eyes to my own previous prejudices and double standards in the realm of cheating.
    The Ghostwheel Project
    "A lot of theoretical crap involving space and time and some notions of some guys named Everett and Wheeler."

:: Spectre : GHOST 38.1 Mk1 : GHOST 38.1 Mk 2 : GHOST 38.2 ::

Would You kindly... luciusad2004's Avatar

wait... I got it....

If your cheating, the only thing your cheating is yourself!
    What if I'm a Snowstorm burning
    What if I'm a world unturning.