Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: XP Can't Find SATA HDD For Install URGENT!!!

like the Swedish Chef with a Screwdriver gntlkilr's Avatar

Default Re: XP Can't Find SATA HDD For Install URGENT!!!

Quote Originally Posted by The boy 4rm oz View Post
    Well I tried the way you suggested. I got the drivers that I THINK I needed (NVIDIA nForce3 250 / Ultra Driver and Silicon Image 3112 / 3512 SATA Driver) Windows boots and when I go to access the floppy it says text something.oem could not be found. Any ideas?
    Have you looked at the disk and seen if that file is actually on there? Cuz if so, then that seems like a driver incompatibility issue.

EDIT:
    the link you need is "http://china.giga-byte.com/FileList/Driver/motherboard_driver_raid_via_8237_bootdisk_2kxp.exe "

Run that file, it will extract all the files you need for the floppy. If anything , extract directly ONTO the disk. That way, no middleman. Use that as your driver disk
    Last edited by gntlkilr; 10-01-2007 at 12:04 PM. Reason: update

"Voltage is like a big lake of milk surrounded by giant chocolate chip cookies. But if the chocolate chip cookies happen to break, the milk coming out is your current."

Well I tried the way you suggested. I got the drivers that I THINK I needed (NVIDIA nForce3 250 / Ultra Driver and Silicon Image 3112 / 3512 SATA Driver) Windows boots and when I go to access the floppy it says text something.oem could not be found. Any ideas?
    Do you have the cd that came with the motherboard? Because it should have a folder called SATA or something along those lines. when you open the folder you'll see several .oem files. these and the folders need to go on the root directory of your floppy for windows to read them. I hope that makes some sense. When I get home i'll check out your drivers and see that everything is there and where you might be lead astray. cheers.
    Peace, love and Anarchy!

Project: Elegant-Li The boy 4rm oz's Avatar

I have the original mobo disk and yes it has all those files on it, just doesn't seem to work. I will try again tomorrow, I'm tired and going to bed.
    Project: Elegant-Li *NEW*
    Project: Alpha FINISHED
    Project: LEXA Revival FINISHED
    Project: LEXA FINISHED Bit-Tech MOTM Nominee October 08

I've got the madcow, what's your excuse? Bopher's Avatar

If you have a Thumb Drive and the Mobo supports it you could install and run from there. i did that but Linux makes me scared and I ran back to Windows. Maybe another day. For now its running my portable firefox for work.

"Technical neglect is one of the worst kinds of neglect, won't you sponsor an octal or adsl2 card so they can someday grow up into big capable adsl2+ cards? random celebrity does."

actually most mobos had a software to make the disk,also it point you where are the files to do the disk manually,the thinh is to use a sata HDD as root you need to make a disk,and remember to select the right operative sistem,i meam use either 64 bits or 32 driver for xp

Good Luck,i had a few fights also with the diskettes,the die too fast,and i never had or use them ><

Thanks for all the help guys. I ended up taking the SATA drive back and getting an IDE version. The HDD that was in this machine before was an IDE drive so it should work, haven't tested it yet.

Thanks for all the help guys. I ended up taking the SATA drive back and getting an IDE version. The HDD that was in this machine before was an IDE drive so it should work, haven't tested it yet.
    haha when all else fails, go for good ol trusty eh?
    IDE will work as soon as you plug it in, so long as your drive aint busted itself.
    Peace, love and Anarchy!

Well it worked in my external enclosure so fingers crossed lol.