Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Buy a Laptop, give a laptop

Practice random acts of generosity Omega's Avatar

Default Re: Buy a Laptop, give a laptop

Quote Originally Posted by xRyokenx View Post
    It's hard to learn when there's no money for more than a basic edumucation... look at India and all the other places over there, they love to learn, I think we have too much handed to us over here, that and we live in too fast a pace... it gets annoying having to work almost all the time just to stay out of debt... well, not that I'm working right now, but it's tough living here... too much to keep up with, but I'm learning.
    It's actually quite easy to learn -- anything. It just so happens that if you want to get somewhere in this country/life, you need these little documents saying that "you's smart". Those don't mean jack crap, though. I could be smarter than somebody else and not have my diplomas and whatnot. Especially here in America, it's quite easy to learn. Want to find something new? Go to Wikipedia and hit random page. Instant learning. The thing is, however, that in third world countries they might not particularly know of the great Google and Wiki... or if those sites even exist in their languages.

i5-3570k @ 4.40GHz // R9 380X @ 1020MHz // 2x Samsung 850 EVO SSDs // 2x 2TB HDDs
    Fractal Design Define R2 XL "Monolith"

read my comic already! (sig) xRyokenx's Avatar

Interesting way of putting it... I'll talk more about it tomorrow, 2am is a no go for intellectual discussions for me. Just look at that poll that xenosagarox posted, ugh. I swear I need to get to bed by midnight from now on.

Greco101

So send'em a leapfrog.

Practice random acts of generosity Omega's Avatar

Those probably don't exist in their languages either -- that and you probably are right about one thing -- It's a get-rich-quick scheme.

i5-3570k @ 4.40GHz // R9 380X @ 1020MHz // 2x Samsung 850 EVO SSDs // 2x 2TB HDDs
    Fractal Design Define R2 XL "Monolith"

I still think this is a good program. It is probable that the people and corporations behind these are making money off of them. That is how out economy works anyways. I still think these have interesting technology, and I find myself tempted to try and get one.
    In Progress An Updated (Mac) Classic
    Completed Performa, BOX
    Hiatus Highrise
    Upcoming NightShift
    Cancelled Dell XPS, Framed, Busy