Thread: X-Fi

Default X-Fi

Does anyone know the difference between these 2 Creative X-Fi cards? Am a bit confused between the Xtreme Gamer (http://www.cclonline.com/product-inf...ategory_id=130) and the Xtreme Music Gamer (http://www.cclonline.com/product-inf...ufacturer_id=0). I originally thought that the latter would be the better one as being on the large PCB it would have more space to put more 'stuff' so therefore better quality audio processing but I can't see anything about it on Creatives website. Plus its about £5 cheaper than the regular Xtreme Gamer. Any ideas?
    'All I know is my gut says, "Maybe".'

Default Re: X-Fi

The Xtreme Music gamer just has the other Flexsomething jack on it. Personally, that's the one I'd get.
    RIP Bucko

Thanks for the advice dude!

ATX Mental Case

24-bit resolution is good for gaming, it doesn't show response times anywhere, so why they tacked the "music" part on there I dunno, unless their development team thinks people are actually using the joyport as a midi interface still,
    were I going to buy a card for "making" music (which I do) I would use a card with 32 bit res and a notable response time for the buffer delay, pref 0 but within 50 would be reasonable. as a gamer, go for the cheaper of the two, they'll work the same based on output.

I'd basically be using it for gaming and listening to a bit of music. Though music and films aren't that essential as I use my hifi and DVD player for that. Wouldn't be making any music through it though. Thanks for the advice btw.

Quote Originally Posted by Mysteriphys View Post
    ...I dunno, unless their development team thinks people are actually using the joyport as a midi interface still,
    Hehe I had to buy a midi card once they started dropping the joyport from mobo's and audio cards...
    "...Dumb all over, A little ugly on the side... "...Frank Zappa...

Fresh Paint

i have one of the xfi F4tility series and the major diff is that the gamer/music card features a earth crystal clock for decoding your music... and yes... it is well worth a few more dollars for that option, the sound it very acurate and clear for a non-audiphile grade card... i paid 150.00 for the F4tality version and i love it to death. but real music and videos go on my big system.