Thread: Fan Controller

Water Cooled

Default Fan Controller

ok, so here's the deal. I want a fan controller that I can place on my new PC. I am hoping for something that can control 4 fans plus a blank space for a fan controller that goes with my HSF. I want this all to be on a PCI slot cover. The closes thing that I have found was this at frozen CPU, it doesn't do more than 2 fans. Also, due to the housing, it doesn't leave any room for adding the one that came with my HSF.
    I do have a couple of molex to 2x3pin fan adapters (1 into 2). So if I could control the 4 fans using two knobs(by using a molex power output). One controls 2 fans, another controls the other two and then the one for my HSF, that will work.
    Now if said device does not exist, does anyone here know how to "construct" such a device? I will be honest, I am rather chicken **** when it comes to wiring and stuff like that, so I don't know if I could do it. but I would be willing to pay for someone who knows what they are doing.

Please let me know if you can help.

Thanks

One last thing, I was hoping that the device could control the fan speed from off to full power, not just high & low.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.
    - Unknown

Water Cooled

Default Re: Fan Controller

you could use only a pot(variable resistor) to control the speeds, but it cannot handle two more powerful fans, but i think you could get away with lower amps.
    heres a guide, its pretty simple: http://www.bit-tech.net/modding/2001...control/1.html
    the other method for a heavy duty fan controller with a voltage regulator is more complicated but nothing hardcore:
    http://www.pcmoddingmy.com/content.php?article.83

if i wouldnt go on my vacation next sun I would do it for u but it takes time to get all these parts and test them and I wouldnt have enough time. and I got other things to take care of b4 i leave too. but hey you learn a lot more by doing it

Water Cooled

Default Re: Fan Controller

it's not the learning part I am afraid of. I would be willnig to try it. I just don't want to fry anything on my computer. I just bought it and I can't afford to buy new parts again.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.
    - Unknown