Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HP Blackbird 002 Extreme Gaming PC

I mod everything I touch. Indybird's Avatar

Default HP Blackbird 002 Extreme Gaming PC

HP Blackbird 002
    (Title is link)

Wow. Just wow. This is just about the nicest looking pre-built gaming PC I've ever seen. The case is just, well, beautiful. It's got everything:
    -Integrated Watercooling
    -100% Customizability with many consumer-known parts
    -ATI Crossfire or Nvidia SLI, on the same board! (HP Custom ASUS Crossfire)
    -100% Tool-less (Even processor!)
    -Very cool design
    -Stand that "Simulates Hovering"
    -Perfect placement of grills and LEDs

I love it. If was buying a prebuilt computer, I would, without a question buy this.

Tell what you all think.

-Indybird

Is awesome

Default Re: HP Blackbird 002 Extreme Gaming PC

Mine. Where do i buy it. I want it. I need it. I better get my dad's employee discount on it.

It better not be double priced like the voodoo ones. I can see that thing on my desk, being awesome and quiet, as well as modding it a tiny bit, different color LED's and a little bit of clearness on the sides, as in very small windows made of plexi. Or not. I'd have to see it in person.

HP has really been coming up with some cool new stuff lately. their laptops are getting cooler and cooler, they have that possible "virtus" case (also totally cool) and now this, this totally awesome floating case. It makes total sense, cooling on all sides. I want it. Also, overclocking will be easy with that non-proprietary bios (but who would need more power with THOSE specs?)

I need it.
    Last edited by Quakken; 09-07-2007 at 06:40 PM. Reason: for the win.
    You love my sig.

read my comic already! (sig) xRyokenx's Avatar

That is nice... how much does it go for?

Is awesome

That's the only bad part, currently upwards of 2.5k.

Maybe hp will... lower the price... by like 2000 dollars.

We'll see. I'm pretty sure it won't stay ridiculously expensive for long.
    You love my sig.

read my comic already! (sig) xRyokenx's Avatar

Hell, even just the case would be nice. As good of stuff you can make with modding some stuff takes too much work for just going out and buying it (me = lazy)... depends on the product though.

Is awesome

This looks too cool.

http://www.mefeedia.com/entry/3458827/

ALL forged aluminum. Those fins on the top are forged aluminum. I like the slot loading drives, and the hard drive carriers look amazing.

I like the foot also. It looks... different, and different is good to me. also, a VESA mount on the side? i can mount a monitor there? SWEET.

Of course, it costs AT LEAST 2500 dollars, And it's a little bit strange and otherworldly. also, the mobo looks really hard to take out, but i bet all of those covers are easily removable and you can get right down in there.

What they should do is make it a barebones system, with the mobo (it's crossfire AND sli compatable, with 3 pci express) and the power supply, you supply the rest of the stuff. You would get that amazing case, and the amazing PS, as well as the BIOS which is supposed to be awesome.

Of course, this is all before it is launched and a full, real review will probably reveal some more flaws, but so far it looks fantastic.
    You love my sig.

Vampires are also allergic to bulldozers BerticusPryme's Avatar

yeah i am going to have to have 2 of them cuz god knows i will break the first one....

while it looks nice and if you can get it fully loaded for 2500 thats pretty dam good, but i'm sure fully loaded it will run 4k+. i'm worried about the quality of water blocks and performance from the water coling system. (note i didn't check all the specs so i'm not sure who makes the wc system) also while the concept and look of the stand are good, minus the front foot part, it looks tipsy. i really like the hidden (i think it flips up and down) usb, microphone, headphone, etc ports at the top. depending on prices i would seriously look at it.
    CPU: Q6600 G0 3.5GHz@1.4v (4.2GHz max) / 4790k 4.8ghz @1.265v
    GPU: 9800GTX /GTX780 hydrocopper
    Ram: Samsung 4GB /gskill 16gb DDR3 1600
    Mobo: EVGA-NF68-A1 680i (P32) /AsRock Extreme6
    PSU: Enermax Galaxy 850Watt /EVGA 850 G2
    HDD: OCZ 120GB Vertex4, Samsung evo 840 250GB
    LCD: Samsung 32" LN32A450, Samsung 226BW 22" wide
    Sound: Logtiech Z 5500
    CPU & GPU: 3x Swiftech MCR320, 2x MCP655, MCW60 R2, Dtek Fuzion V2, 18 high speed yates @ 5v

I mod everything I touch. Indybird's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spawn-Inc View Post
    while it looks nice and if you can get it fully loaded for 2500 thats pretty dam good, but i'm sure fully loaded it will run 4k+. i'm worried about the quality of water blocks and performance from the water coling system. (note i didn't check all the specs so i'm not sure who makes the wc system) also while the concept and look of the stand are good, minus the front foot part, it looks tipsy. i really like the hidden (i think it flips up and down) usb, microphone, headphone, etc ports at the top. depending on prices i would seriously look at it.
    EK makes the watercoooling system, just to let ya know. As far as I've seen, they're pretty good.

-Indybird

Is awesome

I bet you can get it very well decked out for 3000.

Once this comes out, I will be tempted to call HP and see if you can score the case, mobo, and PS in a package by itself. Seriously, I just like the look of it and the function of it. In that video, it said that it had a VESA mount on the opposite-of-the-door side, so I would buy a monitor, make a second little leg and mount it on the monitor side for stability, and put the monitor directly on the PC.

It would be epic if they sold just the barebones kit. Epic.
    You love my sig.