Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BIOS freezes with SATA HDD

Dude...totally!

Default Re: BIOS freezes with SATA HDD

The PSU question was directed at organicpuzzle.

Although...

in response to your post, xmas, reading your post again reminded me of the interesting way my MB, Asus P5LD-2, manages HDDs and HDD channels. It doesn't list my SATA devices as SATA, instead when its posting, it lists all SATA channels/devices as IDE channels in addition to listing all typical IDE channels. I also don't recall needing SATA drivers for XP during install, which was nice ^_^ It may be that your MB simply disables your sec IDE channel when SATA is being used.

I use a 530w Hiper PSU. It's been working great since I got it a few months ago. I guess I forgot to post the specs of the build, that might help.

AMD X2 6000+
    M2N-SLI Deluxe
    Patriot RAM 2x(1GB) 4-4-4-12
    EVGA 8800GTS

Fresh Paint

After two days of pulling my hair out I have found that when a SATA HDD is connected, then only one IDE HDD can be connected on the primary channel and only one IDE HDD can be connected on the secondary channel. I can also connect an IDE DVD to either the primary or secondary channel (but haven't tried with two IDE DVD's - one on each channel). During all the above I also had a SATA DVD connected.

The motherboard is (perhaps soon to be "was") an ASUS K8V-VM.

Greco101

I recently had the same problem with my desktop... it was only reading one cd drive and stuck there for a few minutes reading IDE which I have none of.

It'd also hang at the windows loading screen... were you experiencing that too?

I haven't read the entire thread yet so hopefully you got an answer by now. :oD

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    The motherboard is (perhaps soon to be "was") an ASUS K8V-VM.
    So is mine...

http://www.thebestcasescenario.com/f...09&postcount=8

Quote Originally Posted by aintnothang View Post
    Think of a way to simulate a real bullet hole, like shooting it.