Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Got the speakers, Have a problem

Default Re: Got the speakers, Have a problem

Quote Originally Posted by Luke122 View Post
    Not mad, Crazy.

Looks more like a crab than a swastika to me..
    third row third column:

Over 75 Custom PC's in 20 years TheGreatSatan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Luke122 View Post
    Not mad, Crazy.

Looks more like a crab than a swastika to me..
    Ditto. I have seen that before, just not in my system.
    WH1T3 0U7
    Modified Thermaltake View 37
    Intel 9900K, MSI Z390A, 128GB (32GB x4) GSkill Royal 3200MHz, RTX 3080 Vision, EVGA Nu Audio, 1TB Silicon Power SSD, EVGA 1300G2, ID cooling 360mm AiO, LG 3440 x 1440

Overclocked

ive had these speakers for about a year and a half now.. and i find they are quite nice but i just bought my self some high end hometheather speakers and its right beside my computer so man does that kick ass.. goet energy c-50 50 bucks each and they retal 249.99

Fresh Paint

well i'm new here but i figured i'd throw up a few pics of my small stereo system i play the old desktop on... Doom 3 is crazy in full quadrasound and on a 12 foot screen =)

this is the back of the room with the cpu and small basic screen if i don't wana fire up the projectors. total system power curently is 1650 watts RMS at 8 ohms.

the stack of amps and preamps and eq's (yeah i hate eq's)

it's a disaster right now, but i'm moving everything around from summer and changing everything and the room is still being built and treated...

front main speakers are Klipsch KG 4.5 floorstanding towers, rears are Yamaha NS-555 movie and game sub is a 18" Electro-Voice EVX-18B subwoofer and music is a Peavy Black Widow 18.

All amps are the famous Bob Carver amps and preamps, featuring a slightly modded C-4000 Sonic Hologram Auto Corallator Pre-amp.

looking at total system power to push over 15k volt amps when done. =)

Greco101

How do the speakers sound when put in your wall? How did you mount them?

Fresh Paint

Quote Originally Posted by Greco101 View Post
    How do the speakers sound when put in your wall? How did you mount them?
    only the black widow is in the wall... all the others are freestanding tower speakers, but all of the back of the room is a false front kind of, where the subs are i just built the box into the room. 2x4 studs set every 12 inches and 1 inch HDF wall on the outside and 1 inch on the inside, the air gap between the studs was filled with wet mix quick-crete and is almost perfectly dead. sounds like knocking on a piece of granite.

the the space between the sub cabinet and the closet was faced off and i put shelves in and thats where you see the amps and the computer.

the black widow sub cabinet is a free air infinite baffle setup and sounds beautifull... not made for heavy electronica or rap, but oh so creamy smooth on rock bass and perfectly articulate on clasical music... the black widow was MADE for pro audio use as a low freq driver or a bass guitar driver. if you want perfect music reproduction... use what the musicians use =) that way it's exactly the same sound as a live performance.