Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thinking of making a source mod for steam

ATX Mental Case NamesAreUseless's Avatar

Default Thinking of making a source mod for steam

So, I am considering making a mod for half life 2. So, I'm asking, do you think making a mod based on the movie removed animated gif"shawn of the dead" is a interesting idea?I'm considering making it co-op so you can play in a team, like the movie.
    Also, is there anyone here wanting to help out on anything... (I doubt that)
    Last edited by Airbozo; 09-05-2007 at 02:28 PM. Reason: removed animated gif...

Default Re: Thinking of making a source mod for steam

that would be pretty cool to play it done well, i would certainly try it. +rep for the idea.
    CPU: Q6600 G0 3.5GHz@1.4v (4.2GHz max) / 4790k 4.8ghz @1.265v
    GPU: 9800GTX /GTX780 hydrocopper
    Ram: Samsung 4GB /gskill 16gb DDR3 1600
    Mobo: EVGA-NF68-A1 680i (P32) /AsRock Extreme6
    PSU: Enermax Galaxy 850Watt /EVGA 850 G2
    HDD: OCZ 120GB Vertex4, Samsung evo 840 250GB
    LCD: Samsung 32" LN32A450, Samsung 226BW 22" wide
    Sound: Logtiech Z 5500
    CPU & GPU: 3x Swiftech MCR320, 2x MCP655, MCW60 R2, Dtek Fuzion V2, 18 high speed yates @ 5v

Dude...totally!

I don't know about the rest of you, but I'd certainly play a co-op zombie themed source game. I've seen others, but it just involved a horde of zombies AI's on a map rushing you and the goal was merely kill or be killed.

Where the hell is the "any" key? HackSore's Avatar

T'was an awesome movie, and it would make an awesome mod!
    but yeah, to make it worthwhile, it would take a lot of effort, the kill or be killed zombie source mods dont have much longevity, but an objective co-op based one would be a real blast!

I would've started earlier, but my laptop seems to get a corrupted system32 file every few months.But, when i make it don't you think it'd be a bit short?
    Cause its mostly,go to your mom, rally up the guys, go to the winchester...blah blah blah....I just had an idea...how bout if you play coop you have a specific role, like you have to play as Liz and you start at her apartment,and same with all the others. The only problem here is, I'll need a lot of custom models, and even if the guys here with 3ds max help, I don't know how to get it in game.
    Also,does anyone here know how to use the hammer world editor, I can't figure out how to make rounded corners.Also, I can't start on the maps and stuff cause my brothers being a total computer whore.

Quote Originally Posted by AKA_RA View Post
    I don't know about the rest of you, but I'd certainly play a co-op zombie themed source game. I've seen others, but it just involved a horde of zombies AI's on a map rushing you and the goal was merely kill or be killed.
    I'm gonna reskin the hl2 zombies so they'll look like the citizens and i'll give them more casual clothes.I'll try to make a system where if you get bitten,you slowly get infected...and you know how the rest goes....the only problem is...I can't code Lua...at all..

read my comic already! (sig) xRyokenx's Avatar

Now you know some of my problems... I tried to make a mod for Oblivion but can't figure out that program worth a damn... I wonder if they have a class on this stuff somewhere, it's easier than following ****ty tutorials. Good luck though, your idea sounds like a good mod that I'd play if I had HL2.

Hmmm...while searching for reference pics of the pub, it turns out it's going to be torn down for flats...i started now, and all i have so far is the corner of the pub

Quote Originally Posted by NamesAreUseless View Post
    So, I am considering making a mod for half life 2. So, I'm asking, do you think making a mod based on the movie removed animated gif"shawn of the dead" is a interesting idea?I'm considering making it co-op so you can play in a team, like the movie.
    Also, is there anyone here wanting to help out on anything... (I doubt that)
    shawn of the dead.. mm, good idea But remove that little .gif, before you turn into a zombie
    Last edited by Airbozo; 09-05-2007 at 02:28 PM. Reason: removed animated gif

Anyone who think a computer is sexy need to #$? and fast

D'Oh

I would be interested in helping.. I had some encounters with the hammer, I can do stuff in 3ds.. and I think you have to convert the models, from 3ds to the archive thing HL uses.. I can't promise a quick start tho, but maybe next week? PM me with the ideas or post em here I can at least make some funny looking weapons Loved the ending on that movie, by the way and the funny mix of zombie and English humor

|Projects: =N0Name= =Tensa case= || Life: waiting for the download to be completed... BSOD"|

Remember Remember, The 5th Of November.

Dont, even if you actually make progress in the mod, its going to take months to get something even slightly usable. The idea seems like one of those spur of the moment cool things, but in reality even if the game was finished and kicked ass (which im willing to bet it will be neither)

the gameplay will only go so far and it seems like a 25 min game that you never go back to play again.

Without a few expert lua coders your screwed.

sure you could remodel everything and just use re-skinned knife bots with a reduced speed, but it would end up horrible.