Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New HP Designs

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

Default New HP Designs

HP Virtus - HP Verve

Horrible names, but pretty slick designs! Seems like HP, unlike Dell, gets it in my opinion. But what do you guys think? HP seems to be producing a cross breed between Apple's simplistic, but elegant nature with VooDoo's amazing, but refined design. Is it for the better? or do you guys think they are heading down the wrong path?

My opinion is for the better, definitely. I'm sick of seeing ugly silver/black, matte finished pc's and laptops. Its so boring, especially for the equipment they are packing these rigs with these days. I think the exterior is finally catching up with the interior. But thats just my opinion. I like flashy things, aside from cars.

Also, what do you guys think about the Verve being Best Buy exclusive? I think thats a pretty interesting choice, but maybe they are following apple to closely? Mimicking what they did with the iPhone being AT&T exclusive? Might be bad news if companies start doing this on a regular basis.

But it seems to be pretty cheap, I mean a grand isn't cheap or anything, but for a pretty slick laptop it certainly is.

From what I've found, this is what the Verve is packing GPU wise.

NVIDIA® GeForce™ 8400M

Certainly blows mine all to hell. Actually, everything about that laptop blows mine away. lol
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

Default Re: New HP Designs

...Cool! Those are sweet!

The Verve owns .
    RIP Bucko

Is awesome

Virtus=sexy.
    You love my sig.

Greco101

that HP Verve is amazing and affordable... The desktop is a little to gaudy for me though. I wonder if Sony is gunna get in this

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Greco101 View Post
    that HP Verve is amazing and affordable... The desktop is a little to gaudy for me though. I wonder if Sony is gunna get in this
    That was my biggest shock. Its actually affordable! Things like that usually cost around two grand or more. Especially if its related to VooDoo in any way, shape or form.

I don't usually like Best Buy, but I might just make an exception this time.

Btw, the Virtus is kind of like Vaporware right now. Its more of a concept design than anything else. But, if HP has any intelligence in their intelligence division at all, they'll put that baby on the market. Hopefully at a good price like the Verve. I think they would sell really well if they did that.

I think it would be awesome if HP released just the case. I don't care for the parts inside, they are usually overpriced for what they are and they are always cheaply made parts. I'd rather invest my money into what I know is quality parts. That way I get exactly what I want. But, I don't think HP would do such a thing. They aren't that kind of company, which seems unfortunate looking at that case.
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

I mod everything I touch. Indybird's Avatar

I saw the virtus from techpowerup!. Im assuming its a gaming desktop. If so, then thats a nice, not-too-redicululous but still awesome, design. The laptop doesn't seem that special. Its nice but, not great.

-Indybird

Greco101

Quote Originally Posted by Zephik View Post
    I think it would be awesome if HP released just the case. I don't care for the parts inside, they are usually overpriced for what they are and they are always cheaply made parts. I'd rather invest my money into what I know is quality parts. That way I get exactly what I want. But, I don't think HP would do such a thing. They aren't that kind of company, which seems unfortunate looking at that case.
    Ya, It would be pretty sweet if they offered a barebone version - just mobo, psu and gpu.

Is awesome

Just an amazing MOBO, and amazing PSU and Gpu all for wholesale prices. They would make millions. I would very buy that case with cheap/awesome barebone stuff. And you know it could be cheap with all the wholesale pricing they get on stuff (like 5000 at at time).

Hope they make an AMD/ATI version...
    You love my sig.

read my comic already! (sig) xRyokenx's Avatar

Those are nice looking, finally a computer that's not hideously ugly or boring...

Over 75 Custom PC's in 20 years TheGreatSatan's Avatar

Ever since they bought VooDoo they've been better than ever
    WH1T3 0U7
    Modified Thermaltake View 37
    Intel 9900K, MSI Z390A, 128GB (32GB x4) GSkill Royal 3200MHz, RTX 3080 Vision, EVGA Nu Audio, 1TB Silicon Power SSD, EVGA 1300G2, ID cooling 360mm AiO, LG 3440 x 1440