Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Asus P5K3 Premium

Default Re: Asus P5K3 Premium

Quote Originally Posted by Spawn-Inc View Post
    ya mine is black too, but mines a 680i board not the rare 608i.
    Man, that sucks. My 608i kills all 680i boards out there.
    RIP Bucko

Greco101

I've never even heard of 608i o.O

Quote Originally Posted by xRyokenx View Post
    That would be nice if it were cheaper... I'd almost buy it so I wouldn't have to get RAM, but 2gb seems to be on the low end for a gaming rig, at least it probably will be in a few years when stuff gets waaaaaay better...
    ya 2gbs is low especially since its ddr3, it should be 3 or 4. but thats also why the price is so high,a motherboard supporting DDR3, plus ram included.

Quote Originally Posted by .Maleficus. View Post
    Man, that sucks. My 608i kills all 680i boards out there.
    ya i was going to get one but was quoted the wrong price, must have been a typo.

Quote Originally Posted by Greco101 View Post
    I've never even heard of 608i o.O
    if you can find one grab it! worth big bucks.
    CPU: Q6600 G0 3.5GHz@1.4v (4.2GHz max) / 4790k 4.8ghz @1.265v
    GPU: 9800GTX /GTX780 hydrocopper
    Ram: Samsung 4GB /gskill 16gb DDR3 1600
    Mobo: EVGA-NF68-A1 680i (P32) /AsRock Extreme6
    PSU: Enermax Galaxy 850Watt /EVGA 850 G2
    HDD: OCZ 120GB Vertex4, Samsung evo 840 250GB
    LCD: Samsung 32" LN32A450, Samsung 226BW 22" wide
    Sound: Logtiech Z 5500
    CPU & GPU: 3x Swiftech MCR320, 2x MCP655, MCW60 R2, Dtek Fuzion V2, 18 high speed yates @ 5v

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

lol you guys are ridiculous. Psh, 608i? You think thats impressive? Well I have the 608p!

That boards cooling getup is insane though! I've never seen so much copper and so many heat pipes on one board before. It looks like a miniature amusement park! lol

The asking price is WAY too much though. I would say $500-$600 for advanced but crippled technology is a fair price to pay. No upgradeable memory? Wtf, thats dumb. Do they expect memory prices to stay the same for very long? or even the memory itself for that matter? Not likely, prices and technology are constantly fluctuating in the pc world. DDR3 memory will be cheap enough, soon enough.

Anyways, if you were to ask me, that board is like taking a step back in the advancement of technology. I'll explain my thinking...

Back in the days of old, they had weapons and machinery that didn't have interchangeable parts. Then they realized that they could now make all the weapons and machinery the same, meaning you could buy the part that you need instead of either chucking whatever it is you have or spending big bucks to get it fixed. Get what I'm getting at?

What happens when the memory on the board goes bad? You either chuck the board, or spend big bucks to get it fixed. I suppose you can buy ANOTHER one, but who the hell would want to spend a grand, or even half that, on a motherboard TWICE? For two grand, or hell, for even one grand, you could build a pretty slick rig. ...even for half a grand, you can still build a pretty nice pc. Nothing fancy or super awesome, but still pretty darn good.
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.