Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Linux web server with Squid Proxy

Default Re: Linux web server with Squid Proxy

Let me know if you want help with it, although this guide is decently detailed, so you should be able to get it figured out.

Well, guess what didn't happen.. My friend didn't get a chance to stop by for Christmas, and even if he did, he forgot the vid card back home. I'm just going to see if he can mail it. I'm getting tired of only having 2 computers!

What card you need? Something simple for a server?

Nah, he was bringing a 1900 AGP. Something to replace the 5950 that blew up in my main system.

Server news..
    I'm now hosting burnt45.com. It's my brother in laws band. Content is lacking big time right now because they haven't given me anything to post yet. Feel free to check it out anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by SgtM View Post
    I'm getting tired of only having 2 computers!
    I love it! You know you're addicted when you come up with something like that. I'm currently designing my third computer for the house as well, I already have the hardware, it's just a matter of designing a case I like. It's not even going to be for the girls, this one is just another for me. So then when I build one for my daughters, that will be #4. To top it off, I have plans for more in the near future, just don't tell my wife, she already thinks I'm nuts.:p
    My goal in life is to earn enough money to enjoy the lifestyle that my wife and kids do.

I only have three up and running right now but plans afoot for five more to complete the computerisation of my home.

Some people have told me a HTPC in the bathroom is overkill but I disagree entirely. I can easily spend enough time in the bath to watch TV. It's going to mean having the direction of the bath turned round so I can watch from the bath or sitting on the loo but hey ... in for a penny ....

I live alone in a one bedroom flat by the way.

Rick I have no AGP laying around for you - would your MOBO enjoy a Radeon Sapphire X850 XT PE 256MB (PCI-Express)?

No PCIE here. +rep for offering though dude.

This guide is great man! I plan on messing around with stuff as soon as I find the time. The site your doing for that band keeps getting better.
    In Progress An Updated (Mac) Classic
    Completed Performa, BOX
    Hiatus Highrise
    Upcoming NightShift
    Cancelled Dell XPS, Framed, Busy

So this tut is now on Digg. That's pretty cool. Anyway, I added a real domain to the server now. www.burnt45.com. Working on the mail side next, but it's not critical so I'm going to take my time. So what to do about DNS though? Good question. The answer is http://freedns.afraid.org/. Point your domain to their DNS servers, then use their dynamic update software on your web server.

I'm sticking with Joomla for content management. Mainly because it's so easy to add content, and I don't have to spend hours writing code, but also because I want my users to be able to submit their own content with little to no assistance from me. I assign certain access rights to them, and they can take things from there. Please feel free to let me know if you have questions or comments.