Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: --ChicksCanMod2--

ATX Mental Case

I dig it, good work
    "It's time to prove to your friends that you're worth a damn. Sometimes that means dying, sometimes it means killing a whole lot of people."

Anodized

Quote Originally Posted by siege
    Very nice. I love the color choices, and the overall design is nice, clean and simple. Good job. And the fact that a girl did it...that's just plain awesome. I've always had a thing for chicks with dremels....
    Thanks again yall. Glad you liked it.

ATX Mental Case

Wow, things are getting a bit tough in the PC (Political Correctness in this case, not Personal Computer). I really love the colours and the case overall looks really nice. The lights through the window looks really nice. The fans also looks nice and the SuperBlue LEDs you have used look really nice. Pity about the monitor though (you can see a reflection of it in the first picture and on the side of the 5th.

The problem is, is it right to congratulate you as a girl modder? To say that this is a good mod, especially since a girl did it, seems to degrade your work. I think that people sound quite patronising when they say that it is good, since a girl did it.

And the fact that a girl did it...
    This seems quite sexist to me.
    But have to say. I have to congratulate you, absolutely brilliant mod. I hope to see more in the future.
    Last edited by jonopaul01; 04-01-2005 at 05:42 PM. Reason: Grammar and addition
    There is no other choice.

Anodized

Thanks dood. I do understand your point and I just guess I dont think about it too much. I dont get offended too often and I pretty used to hanging tough with the guys.

Overclocked

Quote Originally Posted by jonopaul01
    The problem is, is it right to congratulate you as a girl modder? To say that this is a good mod, especially since a girl did it, seems to degrade your work. I think that people sound quite patronising when they say that it is good, since a girl did it.
    I wouldn't say that. I'd say it's pretty impressive to see a female come out and join a male dominated subculture. I assume that can be intimidating. Besides, Sky's a pioneer modder. Hopefully with her and other female modders, they can bring more females into this group.

Sky: I do like your case. The lines look real tight, and true. your switches rock out. very big fan of purple.
    -=-=-=-=-
    When computers collide, Bob is born
    And remember, boys and girls, it's better to say nothing, if that's what you know.

ATX Mental Case

Subculture? You call this a subculture? Just cause none of us have social lives? Nope, thats just me isn't it? It is, isn't it?
    Anyway, I have to agree with you, anything that will bring more people into the modding can only be good and I suppose it will also bring a variety of idea's and such that no one had thought of before. After all mods are all about individuality and being unique and you need lots of ideas for that. At least they are supposed to be unique.
    Last edited by jonopaul01; 04-02-2005 at 04:57 AM. Reason: Grammar
    There is no other choice.

Overclocked

I thought mods were about being like Crimson Sky?
    -=-=-=-=-
    When computers collide, Bob is born
    And remember, boys and girls, it's better to say nothing, if that's what you know.

mods to PCs are simply self impressionism. The dremel or tool of choice is your brush, the canvas just happens to be a PC case or soon to be a PC case.

Fresh Paint

I really like the window on the "backside" of the case. All too often, people (myself included) leave that spot bare. I also like how this is simple and very clean looking, while still being flashy enough to be impressive. As for your cable management, it would look perfect, but it looks like an IDE cable is resting ON your gfx card . . . ? Maybe the angle is wrong, but it looks like it. Perhaps you can tie that out of the way.