Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is there a way to tweak cable settings?

Default Re: Is there a way to tweak cable settings?

My internet is running a little slow tonight, proberly the wireless and also it's a shared connection. Normally get about double that.

EDIT: I should run it on my phone for kicks, that should make a few of you guys get shocked XD
    Antec Sonata II | Pioneer DVR-212
    Good news! You can follow my website or follow me on twitter!

Gaming Console Modder Mitternacht's Avatar

Whoa....

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Sky
    I never like get into a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent.

Greco101

I wonder if cox messed something up accidentally made me uneven or something... I mean... 26,000 to 550? How the hell does that happen? lol.

Greco

Spot the error? How can your 23010 Kb/s have aglobal rank of 88% and my 13907 kb/s have a global rank of 94% ?????

CrazyB

Quote Originally Posted by Greco101 View Post
    I wonder if cox messed something up accidentally made me uneven or something... I mean... 26,000 to 550? How the hell does that happen? lol.
    You should almost certainly have a higher upload speed if those download speeds are right.

CrazyB

Greco101

I'm pretty sure the ranks are grouped by provider. Is the low upload speed the cause of my higher latency? I don't know how that stuff works... I Know during a game or something, there's downloading and uploading going on at once so I'd imagine that has a lot to do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Greco101 View Post
    I'm pretty sure the ranks are grouped by provider. Is the low upload speed the cause of my higher latency? I don't know how that stuff works... I Know during a game or something, there's downloading and uploading going on at once so I'd imagine that has a lot to do with it.
    No mate those highlighted ranks are the Global rank, all ISP's, all countries. I'm wondering if your upload speed is counting against you on that somehow.

Your slow upload speed definitely won't be helping make the most of your gaming experience. I would contact cox and discuss the results with their tech support to see if it is within normal limits. Such a discrepancy seems very odd. In fact they only seem to offer a maximum 12M upload 1M download service in your area so your results seem really off the wall.

Not bad.. I bet if I did this from home it would be higher. If I did it afterhours here, it would DEFINITELY be higher.

Greco, try rebooting your modem.

\m/ d(-_-)b \m/

R9 290X+Kraken+Corsair H90, Xeon 5649@4ghz, Asus P6T-WS Pro

ATX Mental Case

speedtest.net O.o really???? :-/

I've worked for two cable co's as a hsi tech support, THE BEST test I've ever use, and continue to use is http://www.speakeasy.net/speedtest/

Here's why:

thats also while I'm downloading Ubuntu ultimate 1.4 gamer DVD from the European mirror #1

not to meantion a few other things possibly...

mind you it probly helps that I tinkered with the connection on there end when I worked for them and after 6 months they seem to still have not noticed :-P but still, east coast canada ftw!

p.s. it helps to check all the locations too, because the closest location doesn't necessarily have the biggest chunk of fiberoptic between you and it. (helps to know for different file hosting servers as well)

i used the NY host btw there seems to be alot of fiber inline all over north america to this location I checked this out from my ex's connection when she lived in hollywood and still got 3rd best

Greco101

Well, speedtest.net wasn't too far off?