Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Who wants a motherboard workout?

Default Re: Who wants a motherboard workout?

Maybe it's a slightly better idea to save up a little more.
    Antec Sonata II | Pioneer DVR-212
    Good news! You can follow my website or follow me on twitter!

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

For the motherboard or the case? The case seems fine in my opinion, I'm sure I can do a little magic with it to make it a bit more fun. The motherboard seems fine too? Unless you disagree? It seems to have good features and the reviews are pretty good too. Seems like it even has better OC abilities compared to the other mobo I was looking at.
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

Which motherboard was it exactly?

The link you gave is this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...ription=13-128

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813128012

I think he means that one ^^^ and if he does he's on to a winner from the looks of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephik View Post
    I think, I'm going to go with this setup.

Motherboard - on-board graphics, so no need for a graphics card. Also has some nice overclocking options from what I hear.
    PC Case - Cheap, but fairly nice looking. Also has a 120mm exhaust, so thats nice.

Not too shabby eh? Better motherboard by leagues if you ask me. Downgrade in the case department, but I'll just call this baby a "sleeper". Looks normal on the outside, kicks ass on the inside! The motherboard also supports 45nm processors, so thats pretty cool!
    Just in case that link isn't working... heres the direct link.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813128053

I decided that instead of getting an okay case and an okay motherboard, that I should just get a cheap-o case and get a better motherboard. I figure, why pay extra for something thats prettier, when I can pay less and make it pretty all I want.
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

EDIT: info in this post is just plain wrong. My bad.

Just in case that link isn't working... heres the direct link.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813128053

"Notice: Only DDR2-800 memory supporting JEDEC approved 1.8V operation with timings of 5-5-5 or 6-6-6 is supported on Intel Desktop Boards based on Intel 965 Express Chipsets."

Zephik ^^ did you note that for that Mobo. Not sure if you have supported memory or not but if no thats going to push your build cost up.
    Last edited by Crazy Buddhist; 08-26-2007 at 02:35 PM. Reason: Wrong info

See, this is why I'm asking all these questions. lol

So that means if I don't have that specific memory, in this case DDR2-800 memory supporting JEDEC approved 1.8V operation with timings of 5-5-5 or 6-6-6, that I won't be able to use that board? Right? Just making sure, so I'm clear on what its saying.

Why on earth would that be I wonder? Thats so lame! A motheerboard should be built to be able to handle whatever you put in it. Well, within reason. You can't put a PCI-E x16 into an AGP or a PCI slot, but that just makes sense. Having only one kind of ram supported doesn't make sense to me at all. ><

Well, back to the drawing board. Dang, that had fairly nice features too.

See, this is why I'm asking all these questions. lol
    Ignore me I had too many newegg windows open for my own good. That board is fine I was looking at another one. My bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Buddhist View Post
    Ignore me I had too many newegg windows open for my own good. That board is fine I was looking at another one. My bad.
    Thats sick man. Just sick. I get my hopes up, then you take them away. Then you bring them back again. STOP PLAYING WITH MY HEAD! lol

Thats good news though! For once, I'm happy that someone made a mistake! lol

Well then, it looks like I found my mobo! woot woot ^_^

Thanks for the help guys!

Yep, looks like a winner in my opinion.