Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 4gigs of Gskill...no boot

How much faster can you render the bsod? Ap1thy's Avatar

Default Re: 4gigs of Gskill...no boot

little late replay, but the 32-bit XP can only support up to 3.3333...GB of ram, so if vista is running a 64-bit install it will recognize everything fine, and if xp is 32-bit theres your problem. No idea what happened if both are 64-bit editions.

I didn't know I can put a custom title Dilphat's Avatar

ima sound like a noob right now...so if it makes no sense then shoot me down..but are you sure you installed the OS's correctly. like how when you put windows and linux. linux is last. I'm not really sure if there is a sure thing order for vista and xp. but isn't i believe oldest to youngest?
    Do origami to calm yourself when something doesn't make sense or fit! haha, if all else fails get the paper you folded and burn it for no apparent reason.

Austral Alien

Quote Originally Posted by ASCStinger View Post
    little late replay, but the 32-bit XP can only support up to 3.3333...GB of ram
    Actually, it can support 4Gb of RAM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Sky View Post
    hahaha..."Wacky"
    -Wackello Capello

Case Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by crazybillybob View Post
    One other long shot is to go into the boot.ini for Winxp (on the Root of the dive the xp is installed on) add /PAE at the end of the line that reads like this
    multi(??)disk(??)rdisk(??)partition(??)\WINDOWS="M icrosoft Windows XP Professional" /fastdetect /NoExecute=OptIn

(The ?? should be numbers but there based on the number of Drives and which one XP is installed on...so I put the ?? to help avoid confusion)

This should let the system see the whole 4 Gb of Ram....This switch may cause issues If your running SP2 and DMA drivers (in 32 bit mode)....That's why I said it's a long shot.

Good Luck,
    CrazyBillyBob
    Doesn't this method run the risk of creating instability within Windows 32-bit. Does this not decrease the size of the kernel space which could lead to problems?