Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: TBCS - Super Pi

Default Re: TBCS - Super Pi

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Buddhist View Post
    2m 57.14 s Woot !! Woot !! haven't even started playing with my memory timings or chipset voltages yet and im running stable AT 2.5G ON AIR LOL

Knocked 24 seconds off my time and Scotty down a place HAHAHAHHAHA (evil laugh)

CrazyB

ps my memory runs at 400Mhz Scotty its DDR1 mate !!! yr chart upfront be in error, though admittedly its running at 458.6Mhz now I think.

http://www.freedomforall.net/PI2FULL.jpg
    Damn you!
    It gets confusing with the memory. CPUz doesn't do it for DDR2 so you need to double it then i got carried away :p but thanks for telling me.

When i get my new PC which will probably in years ill own your ass :p lol

I'll update in a min.

ok tables updated, lets see if i can get under 3mins... i can't overclock so it's not fair lol

lol, bet that would beat my dads though.

I've been playing with it for the past few hours. At girst i was getting it down to 3mins each roughly.

That was with some processes still running. I was indoors, ambient temp 22*Cish. 100% load with two SuperPi's going to 32M for 5 mins took it too 56*C
    So i do it again this time i take it outside. Windy and cold ambient about 18*C can't remember now. With 1 SuperPi running CPU went to around 30-35. I managed to get 3mins.
    So the next step, close as many processes as possible. I have about 60 running normally! So i start closing them down, get to about 18 then get a error message, closed something i should and windows restarted. Next best thing. I did it a second time...
    I got my processes down to 16 i think. CPU is at 19*C outside ^^.
    So i close Taskmanager, and hit start on 4 Million and get this:

Pretty good for a laptop. Still CB is still one ahead of me if i could overclock i could shave another few seconds if i went outside again lol.

Disabling SpeedStep should have done it i would have thought, you could try re-enabling it, then find some software to disable it and run it a Maximum, i had some before.

Quote Originally Posted by crenn View Post
    The difference between vista and XP on a 1M run (I've tested this) is about 0.5s. I'll test how much difference between the 2 on 4M runs tonight.
    The difference between windows 2000 and windows XP on a 4M run in the same conditions:

Win2K 2m 57.141s
    WinXP 2m 57.141s

yes ... nothing at all hehe

Hmmmm. Interesting. And who says they are not substantially the same OS? lol

Quote Originally Posted by crenn View Post
    CB, could you please create a small thumbnail to use so it doesn't stretch the page, but we can still view the full sized one?

Also CB, please provide a screenshot of your OC Super Pi run.
    Done.

Done. New and improved - Scotty loves it .

Cheers

CrazyB

You seem to be stood on my tail... Helix666's Avatar

I've just realised I'm ninth overall.
    aw...

Well considering I was running SuperPI on a system it wasn't originally designed for, I did pretty well.
    Quote Originally Posted by gntlkilr
    warranties are meant to be voided.
    Turns out, they'll let any idiot with a wrench work on hydraulics.

2m 54.953s woot another 2.19 seconds off my time hehehehehe

I know you're trying to catch me scotty lol can't get my system stable any faster than this I think. That'll teach me to buy crap cheap memory

I suggest you use a chest freezer for your cooling then you'll rip me to pices ...

Crazy B

Hey CRENN....when you going to do some more overclocking and bump J33pownr down a spot ???:p
    Asus P5Bdeluxe(vdroopmod),E6600@ 3.6 (24/7),BFG8800GTS320mb@ 729/1102mhz,Mushkin XP8500@ 1000mhz (24/7), WD raptor 36.6gb,Seagate320gb,FSP 700W psu,655 pump,Storm cpu block(modified),MCW60 GPU block,MCW30 on the NB,PA120.3&120.1(single loop)19"Viewsonic,Logitech speakers,Saitek eclipse,and whats left of an old lian li case

I need a new HSF for that.

EDIT: Oh, I have got a screenshot for you guys of a 4M run in vista, if I remember correctly, it's around 0.5-1s longer than XP!

Just need to convert it to jpg and upload it.
    Antec Sonata II | Pioneer DVR-212
    Good news! You can follow my website or follow me on twitter!

ROFL!!! All my scores when I had vista installed was like 2000-5000 lower
    Asus P5Bdeluxe(vdroopmod),E6600@ 3.6 (24/7),BFG8800GTS320mb@ 729/1102mhz,Mushkin XP8500@ 1000mhz (24/7), WD raptor 36.6gb,Seagate320gb,FSP 700W psu,655 pump,Storm cpu block(modified),MCW60 GPU block,MCW30 on the NB,PA120.3&120.1(single loop)19"Viewsonic,Logitech speakers,Saitek eclipse,and whats left of an old lian li case

Fresh Paint

if i get bumped i shall up the voltage and try again a 1.21 gigawatts
    e6600 at 3.6ghz | evga 680i | 8800gtx at 630/1040 | patriot ddr2-800 4-4-4-12 2.2v | 36Gb raptor | PCP&C 610 Silencer
    storm | ddc2 | mcw60 | 120.3 | 120 BIGTX Xtreme with all this in a $12 case