Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: The TBCS Overclocking Thread

Default Re: The TBCS Overclocking Thread

I can fire up the old backup gamer. Dont expect to much......its a micro ATX asus w/ no overclocking friendly stuff. I will play around with it today to see what it will do.
    This is my last day OF vacation so sad

EDIT...I was looking @ the scores in the tables and my Vcore voltage isnt 1.2something...It was actually 1.5v. I dont know why CPUz doesnt read it right. It never has
    Asus P5Bdeluxe(vdroopmod),E6600@ 3.6 (24/7),BFG8800GTS320mb@ 729/1102mhz,Mushkin XP8500@ 1000mhz (24/7), WD raptor 36.6gb,Seagate320gb,FSP 700W psu,655 pump,Storm cpu block(modified),MCW60 GPU block,MCW30 on the NB,PA120.3&120.1(single loop)19"Viewsonic,Logitech speakers,Saitek eclipse,and whats left of an old lian li case

ATX Mental Case

alot of info provided in the pics, but I figured I'd post in text for easyness. - p.s. I know it's no major feat to get .13 oc but for some reason it just seems so much faster! ( maybe the ram ?)

Please provide the following:
    CPU Name: Intel Celeron D 325
    Clock Speed: (2.53 base) 2666 MHz
    CPU Volts: 1.376-1.392
    Idle Temps: 41C
    Load Temps: 57C
    Cooling Method (Air, Water, TEC, Phase, LN2): Air
    Heatsink/Waterblock Model: Intel oem copper rod core
    Motherboard: MSI PM8M-V
    RAM (Amount and Brand) (kingston valueram)-Samsung M3 68L6523DUS-CCC rev7 (512)
    Samsung M3 68L6423ETM-CCC rev8 (512)
    RAM Speed: 200mhz(base) - 210 (oc'd)
    RAM Timings: 3.0.3-3-8(base) 3.0.4-4-9 (oc'd)
    RAM Voltage: 2.7
    Operating System windows xp pro sp2

Idle
    Stressed-Ortho
    linked due to image size

also I'm pretty sure everest has my sensors for the fanspeed backwards, hence the other monitor just incase. and I shut down part way through the second run in ortho because I wasn't sure if it would hold at 57, and because the second monitor times out. damn my lack of moneys.... the cpu specs say it tops out at 67C but I don't feel like testing my fate any more than already achieved.

Mysteriphys, is that a first OC? If so, great job! First OCs are so much fun.

One thing though; you actually underclocked your RAM. The lower the timings, the faster.
    RIP Bucko

ATX Mental Case

well it's been 2.6 with no changes in the ram for a long time, I popped on here, and found this thread and figured, what the hell eh, lets do something fun! lol, and LOL to my ram, I figured something was up, but everything runs fine, I'll go back and fix that right now actually! (although I did slightly up the voltage I imagine that probly did something fun :-P

just peeked at something and realized something odd, the clock is normally 200, it's 210 now.... so, it's underclocked but still overclocked?

Yep, underclocked timings but overclocked speed. It's like taking one step forward, but then another step back. Fix up the timings and it'll be good to go.
    RIP Bucko

ATX Mental Case

ok just so I'm sure I've got this.. cl3.0 is better than 2.5 but 3-3-8 is better than 4-4-9? or is 2.5 still better than?

also, nothing seems to be changing when I change that info (as far as the clock readout) is it possible my ram is locked and my cpu oc is just effecting my ram as well?

Lower is better no matter what for RAM. If you had 2.5-3-3-8 it would be better.

RAM clock shouldn't change with the timings. RAM clock changes with the FSB (Front Side Bus). When you raise the FSB to OC the CPU, it changes the way the CPU interacts with the RAM and the RAM gets OC'd too.
    RIP Bucko

ATX Mental Case

if thats the case is it possible to messure the positive output of a timing set? or is it a feel it as it works kind of thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Mysteriphys View Post
    if thats the case is it possible to messure the positive output of a timing set? or is it a feel it as it works kind of thing?
    Benchmark scoring programs are the best way to see positive output. Without an overclock 500Mhz or so, you probably won't even notice a real difference. Programs may load a second or two faster, but you won't be saying "Woah is that blazing fast!"
    RIP Bucko

ATX Mental Case

lol ok, well sorry for hijacking the thread, thanks for the info :-D I'll keep it in mind when I finally got the cash to go 2C.