Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Project: Shark

Default Re: Project: Shark

Update... text... sad.

I just placed my order for... 1 Black Ice Pro 120.1 rad, 1 Black Ice Pro 120.2 rad, and a bottle of UV FluidXP+ HP coolant. $99.70. I still have ~$110 left, so tomorrow I'll order a few more bits (probably pump, tubing, maybe fans) and I'll save the blocks for my last paycheck(s). Which brings me to this...

I've decided to quit my job (for the time-being). I'm just too damn busy right now. I've got this mod, finishing up A+, learning Java, school, and guitar, and coming up real quick is the curling season (yes, I'm a curler). My last paycheck(s) should cover the rest of this mod, so it's all good there. After I turn 16 in December, I'll be applying at BestBuy/GeekSquad (partially why I'm putting focus on A+, seems like it'd be nice to have on an app.), and if I don't get hired there, I can always jump back into McDonalds. So, expect some updates in the near future.

Peace.

Edit: When I say I'm quitting my job, I mean I'll be putting in my 2 weeks notice soon. I'll be employed for a few more weeks still.
    RIP Bucko

read my comic already! (sig) xRyokenx's Avatar

I'm currently jobless too... it's not too bad a thing, but it would be better if I actually did my damn schoolwork, but that's another story. But yeah, can't wait to see what you "whip out." :F

Fresh Paint

great work so far! I really like were this mod is going. Question though, are you planning on replacing the mesh in the side panel with the same mesh you used on the front?

Quote Originally Posted by turis View Post
    great work so far! I really like were this mod is going. Question though, are you planning on replacing the mesh in the side panel with the same mesh you used on the front?
    That is a good question, and one I was going to bring up in the near future (you beat me though, and since it's asked, here we go).

I've got a few options here.

1. Leave the current mesh and just go with it.
    2. Remove the mesh completely.
    3. Replace with other mesh.

Option 1 is easiest, and least fun. Option 2 is what I'm leaning towards, because with it gone the internals can be seen easier. Option 3 is the hardest, because the mesh I'm using is only 6" wide, and the whole lot of the panel is ~12". It might not look too good if you can see the split where it's 2 pieces.

Ideas? Oh, and there _should_ be an update coming later today or tomorrow. I need to work on this really bad.
    RIP Bucko

Project: Elegant-Li The boy 4rm oz's Avatar

Personally I like the look of the mesh. You could replace it with some tinted black plexi and put a white CCFL behind it so that when the system is on you can see through and when it's off it's dark, that would look sweet.
    Project: Elegant-Li *NEW*
    Project: Alpha FINISHED
    Project: LEXA Revival FINISHED
    Project: LEXA FINISHED Bit-Tech MOTM Nominee October 08

Quote Originally Posted by The boy 4rm oz View Post
    Personally I like the look of the mesh. You could replace it with some tinted black plexi and put a white CCFL behind it so that when the system is on you can see through and when it's off it's dark, that would look sweet.
    It's actually kinda like that right now with the blue plexi. It's a lot darker than I originally expected, so unless there's light behind it you can't see through all that well.

I have some white CCFLs, but I can't find the damn inverter...
    RIP Bucko

Project: Elegant-Li The boy 4rm oz's Avatar

Damn that sucks lol, I blew up my inverter the other day, glad it wasn't in the case haha.
    Project: Elegant-Li *NEW*
    Project: Alpha FINISHED
    Project: LEXA Revival FINISHED
    Project: LEXA FINISHED Bit-Tech MOTM Nominee October 08

Your quitting a job at 15, and i still haven't got my first and im nearly 17, man that's balls...But lets hope you get back on track after your stuff has died down a little

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty View Post
    Your quitting a job at 15, and i still haven't got my first and im nearly 17, man that's balls...But lets hope you get back on track after your stuff has died down a little
    Yeah, lets hope . I've worked there for almost a year and a half now, and I think it's time for a break. I can't handle 20 hours a week, school, modding, guitar, and soon, curling all at once. Especially because me and 3 other guys are starting a League team for curling (basically besides curling for school, it'll also be against various teams every Tuesday night). And to top that all off, I have the extra stuff (notice that modding isn't in this list ) like A+ and learning Java.

But, enough whining for one post. This ain't a blog, right guys? .

Checked the UPS site, and my rads and coolant should be here Monday. If all goes well, I should be able to order my tubing, pump, and clamps in the next few days. Just got a few hoops to jump through with the parents first. But, once all that is here, I'll be able to start taking apart the case for mounting cuts, painting, and all that good stuff.

Later guys.

Edit: Man, after reading that first paragraph, I sound like a HUGE nerd don't I... Trust me, I'm not that bad in real life. Honestly.
    RIP Bucko

Alright guys, I've been really busy lately and haven't got much done (but I have gotten a little done). I've got some good news though. MOST OF MY WATERCOOLING STUFF IS HERE! So far I have...

Both rads (Black Ice Pro 120.1, Black Ice Pro 120.2)
    Pump (Hydor SELTZ 35 (450GPH))
    Tubing (10ft. PrimoFlex UV Blue)
    Coolant (Fluid XP+ HP UV Blue)
    Clamps

All I need now are the blocks (CPU, GPU, chipsets), a fillport, my res (which I'll be making), and a few other bits and pieces (fittings for the res, T fitting for the fillport, RadGrill).

Also, I've been working on the pump mount. I forgot to take pics, and I'm mostly done, so when I finish I'll post it up.
    RIP Bucko