PDA

View Full Version : Gaming Food

blue73
07-02-2006, 12:21 PM
Okay had a search and could'nt find it anyware so here goes.
Whats Your favourite gaming scran. Whether Your sitting down to a WOW sessh or Yer just a web monkey surfin the hours away whats Yer fave food. Sommat quick or sommat you bung in the oven?
Mines nooodles with hot chilli sauce

.Maleficus.
07-02-2006, 12:48 PM
Chips, popcorn, Chex Mix, stuff like that. And soda. Lots and lots of soda.

.alchinko.
07-02-2006, 02:08 PM
gonna have to say burbon chicken and brownie ice cream.

maximan1
07-02-2006, 02:57 PM
Chips, popcorn, Chex Mix, stuff like that. And soda. Lots and lots of soda.

You're a kid too?

blue73
07-02-2006, 03:03 PM
gonna have to say burbon chicken and brownie ice cream.

Never tried chicken with ice cream. Sounds tasty though!

nil8
07-02-2006, 04:04 PM
Wasabi covered soybeans, dry toast, orange juice, carrots.

blue73
07-02-2006, 04:45 PM
Wasabi covered soybeans, dry toast, orange juice, carrots.

Now that sounds tasty..

GT40_GearHead
07-02-2006, 05:38 PM
meat meat meat any meat will do just has to be meat
some times raw meat not joking o like the taste and the fiber its best to eat it fresh like 2 days max

.Maleficus.
07-02-2006, 06:09 PM
You're a kid too?

Yep, the good-ole age of 14. If that's what you consider a kid. Even so, if I was 20 or 25, I'd still eat chips and popcorn and soda :P. Gotta love those salty snacks.

.alchinko.
07-02-2006, 06:13 PM
yeah agreed ill be eating that stuff all my life. any ways sushi sounds good bout now. spicy california rolls. or shrimp tempura

.jrauck
07-02-2006, 07:35 PM
Its all about the Hot Pockets.

Slug Toy
07-02-2006, 07:39 PM
ice tea, and something spicy, maybe curried chick peas and potatoes or a bowl of korean noodles. thai is good too. ill eat anything when im gaming... just depends on what kind of craving i get. just no raw meat.... NO SUSHI!!!!

DaveW
07-02-2006, 07:45 PM
Egg Fried Rice.

GT40_GearHead
07-02-2006, 07:46 PM
just no raw meat....
I just knew you gonna freak out!!! LOL
but I was serious :D

blue73
07-02-2006, 07:54 PM
Egg Fried Rice.

Egg fried rice crikey a man after me own heart. Loads of soy sauce too. Way cool.

blue73
07-02-2006, 07:56 PM
I know it's a bit of a cliche but pizza is still up there no?

simon275
07-02-2006, 08:00 PM
Cheetos, Pizza, Jellybeans, Butter Chicken (if india takeout place is near by) (not keyboard friendly have destoryed 1 keybaord so far)

and I can't believe this hasn't been mentioned

Mountain Dew!!!!!!!!111!!!!!!!!11

Also caffienate drinks like red bull or just plain old coffee :)

If it's not a whole night of gaming and I'm with friends and I don't have to drive a beer or two is good.

blue73
07-02-2006, 08:07 PM
meat meat meat any meat will do just has to be meat
some times raw meat not joking o like the taste and the fiber its best to eat it fresh like 2 days max

What sort of raw meat are You on about. Reindeer or some kind of yak. Oh my god fried elk.. Romania is'nt known for i'ts culinary skills. Please dont be offended bye that but " meat any meat " crikey we could start a whole new thread based on those comments!!:eek:

.Maleficus.
07-02-2006, 08:15 PM
GT40, if you are actually serious, then what does raw meat taste like? Do you raise your own animals to eat? Here in WI, there are lots of farms for dairy and cattle and stuff, but the only raw meat people eat around here is sushi.

Is there anything special you do to the raw meat before you eat it? Or do you slice off a chunk and have at it?

Sorry about all the questions but I've never heard of eating raw meat and I guess I'm curious lol.

blue73
07-02-2006, 08:23 PM
Cheetos, Pizza, Jellybeans, Butter Chicken (if india takeout place is near by) (not keyboard friendly have destoryed 1 keybaord so far)

and I can't believe this hasn't been mentioned

Mountain Dew!!!!!!!!111!!!!!!!!11

Also caffienate drinks like red bull or just plain old coffee :)

If it's not a whole night of gaming and I'm with friends and I don't have to drive a beer or two is good.

Ah Australia a country I would dearly like to go. Have You ever had a Pie floater on the banks next to the SOH. Brilliant proper food, Fantastic8)

blue73
07-02-2006, 10:07 PM
yeah agreed ill be eating that stuff all my life. any ways sushi sounds good bout now. spicy california rolls. or shrimp tempura

Please forgive me but what is a calfornia roll?

Omega
07-02-2006, 10:43 PM
Salty or sweet snacks, washed down with trusty 'ol Mtn. Dew.

Omega
07-02-2006, 10:44 PM

It's a kind of Sushi roll.

nil8
07-03-2006, 01:20 AM
Wikipedia ftw.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/California_roll

.jrauck
07-03-2006, 02:10 AM
Wikipedia ftw.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/California_roll
lol getting that wikipedia out again.

R/C Pilot
07-03-2006, 03:52 AM
Candy Corn, lots of candy corn.

http://halloween.hiptophunt.com/img/posts/818.jpg

simon275
07-03-2006, 04:11 AM
Have You ever had a Pie floater on the banks next to the SOH.

I'm not quite sure what the SOH is (Sydney Opera House?) but I have had a Pie floater they are yummy. But they are not really Lan food.

And whats so weird about eating raw meats. I went to Japan and had lots of it, all types of animals.

GT40_GearHead
07-03-2006, 05:06 AM
GT40, if you are actually serious, then what does raw meat taste like? Do you raise your own animals to eat? Here in WI, there are lots of farms for dairy and cattle and stuff, but the only raw meat people eat around here is sushi.

Is there anything special you do to the raw meat before you eat it? Or do you slice off a chunk and have at it?

Sorry about all the questions but I've never heard of eating raw meat and I guess I'm curious lol.

yeh... i give it peper salt and more of the red dried stuf my mom has in here
it tastes like meat :p I dont raise my own I buy cow meat, i aslo eat raw cow live, the raw meat and liver has a lot of great vitamin that get burned because of the cooking proces, this diet is part of my body building diet and its great it gives you a lot of vitality and stamina

ouu and in Romania people dont eat nothing raw , in here you can finde the best food in the eastern europe

blue73
07-03-2006, 07:32 AM
I'm not quite sure what the SOH is (Sydney Opera House?) but I have had a Pie floater they are yummy. But they are not really Lan food.

And whats so weird about eating raw meats. I went to Japan and had lots of it, all types of animals.

Spot on. But the raw meat thing mmm I dunno. Its more than likley to be a cultural thing I guess. I mean if it looks OK like sushi looks good then I guess I'd give it a go.

blue73
07-03-2006, 08:03 AM
Salty or sweet snacks, washed down with trusty 'ol Mtn. Dew.

Im sure we can get mountain dew over here it's just like sprite I think. And california rolls sound like chop suey rolls, bean sprouts and other veggies in a pancake roll very tasty with a bowl of soy sauce or that red hot sauce to dip. Mmmmm

nil8
07-03-2006, 08:07 AM
I think we've found the only person who enjoys candy corn left in the world.

I eat breakfast in front of the pc and check forums. Breakfast is dry toast, yogurt, OJ, and a banana or pear.

When I'm snacking it's wasabi soybeans, carrots, celery or Wasa fiber rye.

As for meat, I'm partial to deer. I love it. I have a freezer full of it.

Sushi is good, but you should all try other Japanese cuisine. So good and so healthy.

blue73
07-03-2006, 08:10 AM
I think we've found the only person who enjoys candy corn left in the world.

I eat breakfast in front of the pc and check forums. Breakfast is dry toast, yogurt, OJ, and a banana or pear.

When I'm snacking it's wasabi soybeans, carrots, celery or Wasa fiber rye.

Sushi is good, but you should all try other Japanese cuisine. So good and so healthy.

Please forgive me again but whats candy corn? And yes Japanese or any oriental food is good stuff. Thai curries are very tasty. Green chillis and coconut.

blue73
07-03-2006, 08:12 AM
Candy Corn, lots of candy corn.

http://halloween.hiptophunt.com/img/posts/818.jpg

Sorry just had another look:redface:

blue73
07-03-2006, 08:32 AM

No Yer spot on. The last thing You need is peas n gravy all over yer keyboard in the middle of bein shot to bits on CS or what ever!!

.Maleficus.
07-03-2006, 09:51 AM

Same here, cousins do a lot of hunting and get it packaged and everything. It's some pretty good stuff.

Hot Pockets are good too. Anything that doesn't spill all over your keyboard and lap is fine with me. Don't want anything to crap out on you while you're about to get a headshot :P

blue73
07-03-2006, 11:18 AM
Same here, cousins do a lot of hunting and get it packaged and everything. It's some pretty good stuff.

Hot Pockets are good too. Anything that doesn't spill all over your keyboard and lap is fine with me. Don't want anything to crap out on you while you're about to get a headshot :P

Picture the scene. You're sat at the PC, just got Yer crosshares planted on the only enemy left, mouse in one hand super-heated filled food product in the other, You click fire and bite on Yer scran and splat!!! Its up Yer nose and the bastard takes You out with one bullet! :eek: Oh well.:rolleyes:

nil8
07-03-2006, 02:14 PM
Yea, eating and gaming don't mix well. I don't snack often while I sit. Makes me feel lazy. If I snack it's after exercise or working out in the shop.

I like a good deer stew or deer in all sorts of italian dishes. If you need a secret for covering the gamey taste, I have a few tricks up my sleeve.

Pretty much all I cook is comfort food and italian. I'd like to pan out into Cantonese(Chinese) and some Korean soon. I would really like to make Bulgolgi(sp) sometime.

I go hunting for deer about every 5 years. No one else in my family liked it while I was still living at home, so I would cut it, grind it, and store it with my dad's help. A whole deer is a lot of meat and a lot of hours of work.

That reminds me, I need to buy a meat grinder within 2 years.

R/C Pilot
07-03-2006, 03:29 PM
Please forgive me again but whats candy corn? And yes Japanese or any oriental food is good stuff. Thai curries are very tasty. Green chillis and coconut.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Candy_corn

simon275
07-03-2006, 08:49 PM
Thai green fish curry is so yummy. ahhhhhhhhh hot and tasty.

btw its venison not deer 8)

Eating at the computer is great.

blue73
07-03-2006, 09:57 PM
Thai green fish curry is so yummy. ahhhhhhhhh hot and tasty.

btw its venison not deer 8)

Eating at the computer is great.

Venison is baby deer Yer spot on. And Thai fish curry is proper tasty. As gamin food not sure. You still need all Yer hands free..

simon275
07-03-2006, 11:24 PM
Sorry I was just being a smart ass.

If this continues

TBCS will become The Best Cooking Scenario where we all swap recipes instead of case moding worklogs. Maybe not...

Rankenphile
07-04-2006, 03:21 AM
For a good snack to munch, I like baby carrots if I'm feeling like I need something healthy, or Doritos and soda if I'm just in the "eh, I'm gunna die anyway" mood. Beef jerky is good too, or dried fruit. Anything dry and not sticky so I don't have to worry about getting it all over the keyboard.

blue73
07-04-2006, 05:41 AM
Sorry I was just being a smart ass.

If this continues

TBCS will become The Best Cooking Scenario where we all swap recipes instead of case moding worklogs. Maybe not...

Hey look at who's here. We have Americans, Scots, Dutch, Japanese, Chinese, GT40 from Ramania? Crikey I bet there's a scouser knockin about somewhere!!:D Bye the way if You've never had a pot of scouse you've not lived it's wicked!

Cevinzol
07-04-2006, 05:49 AM
Anything you can eat with one hand.

... wait that sounds worng.

blue73
07-04-2006, 05:54 AM
Anything you can eat with one hand.

... wait that sounds worng.

Thats for a whole different website dude!!! lol:eek:

blue73
07-04-2006, 05:58 AM
For a good snack to munch, I like baby carrots if I'm feeling like I need something healthy, or Doritos and soda if I'm just in the "eh, I'm gunna die anyway" mood. Beef jerky is good too, or dried fruit. Anything dry and not sticky so I don't have to worry about getting it all over the keyboard.

Do You Guys have Pepperami in the States? Thats a top munch. Yes I know it stinks Yer fingers up but proper tasty.

DaveW
07-04-2006, 11:24 AM
proper tasty.

Now no doubt in my mind as to where you're from ;)

-Dave

.Maleficus.
07-04-2006, 11:36 AM
...a pot of scouse...

What's that?

Pepperami

We have pepperoni, but that doesn't make your fingers stinky... Well I guess it might, I've never smelled my fingers after eating it... and I usually have it on pizza.

leprosy
07-04-2006, 01:08 PM
i eat people...

.Maleficus.
07-04-2006, 03:46 PM
i eat people...

Who doesn't? It is the other white meat:D .

Slug Toy
07-04-2006, 06:24 PM
We have Americans, Scots, Dutch, Japanese, Chinese, GT40 from Ramania?

hey.... dont forget about the canadians... we may look harmless, but if you neglect us, we'll sneak into your room at night and eat your toes!!!

you know whats real good and fun to do though? pepper eating contests!!! i grow scotch bonnets (worlds hottest pepper)... and if me and my friends are feeling extra stupid... we eat them.

nothing says good times like trying to tear your own face off in a desparate attempt to get rid of the pain.

blue73
07-04-2006, 07:53 PM
Scotch Bonnet sauce we can get over here and yes it's pant explodin!!!
And I'm sorry I missed You Canadians out sorry dudes n dudettes, hmm not even sure thats a word but hey.:p

Redbeard
07-04-2006, 10:00 PM
my gaming food is not so strange as most... Gummy Bears! I don't know why but I can't resist the lil colorful bears.

qoou
07-04-2006, 10:16 PM
Dorittos and Cold Glasses of Chocolate Milk, if im tired, coffee.

nil8
07-04-2006, 11:00 PM
ohhh...chocolate milk. Haven't had that since I was a kid.

We don't have Pepperami in the US. We have something similar called Slim Jims.

The pepper eating competition reminds me of a story.
It was a younger time. I was a teenager....you know what. Long story short.
A friend of mine conned me into eating about a tablespoon of wasabi the first time I ever had sushi. The waiter laughed at me. I had fluids leaking from my face for almost half an hour. It sucked. The good part? I didn't pay the 60 dollar bill.

I don't get why people like doritos. I think they taste awful. Fried corn and flavored msg isn't good. Make your own tortilla chips and the store bought chips just taste bad.

Homemade granola bars are good.

maximan1
07-05-2006, 02:44 AM
Umm, CANDY CORN!!!!!!!!!

blue73
07-05-2006, 07:16 AM
Umm, CANDY CORN!!!!!!!!!

There it is again Candy Corn. This stuff must be good. I wonder if You can import it errr for my Nieces obviously!!!:rolleyes: One more thing. Dont remember anyone mentioning twinkys. Do they exsist or are they a myth:D

nil8
07-05-2006, 10:24 AM
Actually, candy corn is pretty gross as sweets go.
Lewis Black does a skit on how much it sucks. Look it up sometime, I'm sure it's on the net.

.Maleficus.
07-05-2006, 11:36 AM

I happen to think the same thing. When it comes to candy, Hersheys, Reeses, Milky Ways, Sour Patch Kids, Sour Punch Straws, Starbursts, and Mambas are what I usually eat.

And Twinkies... I don't eat those that much... I think they're kinda weird...

nil8
07-05-2006, 12:16 PM
I haven't had Mamba in over 4 years. I should try to find some of those again.

.Maleficus.
07-05-2006, 03:24 PM
Yeah, they're delicious. Actually, I don't think I've had them in a while either. And now I want them. Man this thread is making me hungry.

maximan1
07-05-2006, 05:22 PM
Lewis Black does a skit on how much it sucks. Look it up sometime, I'm sure it's on the net.

I hate you...

blue73
07-05-2006, 06:18 PM
Did a search for candy corn the other day and still not sure if we have anything like it over here but what I did see were, and I guess You guys will already know this, sport beans I think they were called. What a top idea, little jelly beans packed with vitamins and brain power.

.alchinko.
07-05-2006, 09:56 PM

it is crab and avacado. rolled in riced and seaweed stuff... sushi

OK one of the best foods in the world is OATMEAL CREAM PIES. wow threre so good also Little cearsers crazy sticks are great.

.Maleficus.
07-05-2006, 11:06 PM
...OATMEAL CREAM PIES...

Bleh, I could do without those. They're like Twinkies to me. Only if I'm starving to death.

nil8
07-05-2006, 11:31 PM
Yea, but good homemade oatmeal cookies are awesome.
I should make some. I have the oatmeal, molasses, butter, and honey. All I need is eggs.

If you can't tell I love to cook. More than I love to eat really, and I enjoy a good meal.

.alchinko.
07-05-2006, 11:48 PM
agreed cooking is fun. but cleaning up your mess after is a pain. what ever happen to the cookies that came in the roll and you cut out. that had pictures in it. well anyways they sound good bout now.

Omega
07-06-2006, 12:35 AM
what ever happen to the cookies that came in the roll and you cut out. that had pictures in it. well anyways they sound good bout now.

They're in the supermarket, that's what.

maximan1
07-06-2006, 01:28 AM
This thread is funny

.Maleficus.
07-06-2006, 01:18 PM
I like cooking too. Yeah, regular oatmeal cookies are good, I just don't like those Little Debbie boxed things.

You know what other desert is good? Cheesecake. I don't know if I could live without cheesecake. I love making cheesecake.

And pie. Apple, pumpkin, cherry, raspberry, rubarb, all of that is good.

But I think I'm going to make a cheesecake today.

Slug Toy
07-06-2006, 08:24 PM
oh god, i think im eating THE worst combination of foods right now. date squares, blueberries, corn beef, butter chicken, and ice tea.

nil8
07-06-2006, 08:33 PM
Never tried to make a cheesecake. I don't need to eat a whole cheesecake. That's a lot of calories.
If I'm gonna make a pie it's going to be key lime. mmm...key lime pie.

That's definitely a mish mash slug.

I made homemade stuffing last night. It was good.

blue73
07-06-2006, 09:30 PM
oh god, i think im eating THE worst combination of foods right now. date squares, blueberries, corn beef, butter chicken, and ice tea.

Date squares. Please again I apologise but what the heck are date squares?

.Maleficus.
07-06-2006, 10:16 PM
Yeah, what are they? Are they like cookie bar things with dates in them?

And yes, cheesecake is a lot of calories, but I wouldn't eat a whole cheesecake in one sitting. Have to keep things in moderation.

I love stuffing. I once made some just because I wanted a snack. It was the boxed stuff, but it was still good.

Slug Toy
07-06-2006, 10:22 PM
what the heck are date squares

hopefully you know what dates are... they come from palm trees. they're kind of like those dried apricots you can get.

anyways date squares are basically a filling that consists of dates, some orange, and sugar, and there is an oat topping on it. they are sooooo good, and so fattening.

you know what makes a good pie? raspberry saskatoon. thats to die for too.

bigbaddog
07-09-2006, 09:48 AM
My personal favorite is coffee and Pop Tarts. Also dried fruit, nuts, or just plain trail mix is great. Doesn't make a mess if you spill that all over your keyboard. :eek:

.Maleficus.
07-09-2006, 10:48 AM
Oooo, what kind of Pop Tarts go good with coffee? Like the chocolately ones? That sounds good...

.alchinko.
07-09-2006, 12:14 PM
mmmmmm... blue berry muffins dont sound bad right now. o yeah .Maleficus. your girlfriend sucks at cooking. in our school cooking class she forgot to put flour in the muffins, yeah. im hungry now. pesky threads about good foods.

Billy Lundin