PDA

View Full Version : Blockbuster changes terms does not warn you before charging you

Snowman
03-05-2010, 02:37 PM
Hey guys just thought I would let everyone know that as of march 1st blockbuster changed their policies and automatically charge any late fees that are outstanding to the card on your account without any notice or permission to or from you. I got dinged with this and then overdraw fees because the funds weren't in my checking account and the best they could tell me was sorry it was on the receipts in February. I always tell them to throw my receipts out because they just go in the floor board of my car anyway.

Mark_Hardware
03-05-2010, 04:24 PM
I wouldn't do a blockbuster with your..ahem..

I don't go to blockbuster. I went there once, saw their ridiculous policies, and told them to stick it in their ear. Haven't been back since. I just use Redbox and good ol' Netflix

Snowman
03-05-2010, 04:30 PM
Neither of which rent games and gamefly is outrageous for the way I play games I would never get my moneys worth, just think that if you change the policy of how you charge my card there better be a damned better way of telling me than fine print on a receipt I never read.

mDust
03-05-2010, 05:23 PM
First, I'd recommend using a local video rental place instead of a giant corporation like Blockbuster. Blockbuster and similar companies pride themselves on having a 100 copies each of 100 movies, while a local video rental place near me has 10 copies of over 10,000 movies and games. Exaggerated, but I'm sure you get the point. The selection is usually much better because the corporations are all about minimizing costs and maximizing profits which causes selection quality issues.

If you don't have smaller local companies, just switch the card on file to a credit card instead of a debit card. That way the little surprises not only sting less, but they can be disputed on both ends.

Or just get the games back by the due date. lol

Mark_Hardware
03-05-2010, 06:14 PM
Actually I would agree with you and commend that point; support local business. Regardless of what the situation, I will always try to go to a local business before a national chain.

Jake2k
03-05-2010, 06:39 PM
I worked for Blockbuster for two years and I don't think there's anything they could do that would surprise me. I can tell you, without a doubt, that the only thing they care about is money. I'm gonna end it there before I go into a rant haha, basically what I'm saying is stay away from them at all costs.

Snowman
03-08-2010, 09:10 AM
Well I have made it my point not to have a credit card, I have one for emergency use that is my dad's but that is all. Up until this past time that I rented a game there had never been any late fees but I guess they changed that too. This post wasnt so much to complain as it was to warn everyone that they had changed their policies once again. Unfortunately the only other video store in this area is family video and they say I still have a movie from like 1999 that I never rented in the first place, so I have no way of clearing up that account because I never had the darn thing in the first place.

mDust
03-08-2010, 01:44 PM
Haha @ Family Video...I handed a return to the clerk while making the comment that at a competitor they always messed up the return if I dropped it in the box. The guy laughed and said not to worry. The next time I go to rent a movie they say I have to either return the one I handed back or pay for it in full before I can rent another. It was the same guy and it turns out he's the manager. I hope he likes working there, because he's not smart enough to cut it anywhere else.
Anyway, Google is your friend. You'd be surprised how many small chains and 'mom 'n' pop' video rental places there are on random side streets.

Snowman
03-08-2010, 02:13 PM
http://www.knoxware.org/imagehost/uploads/297d57cffa.png

Items C and D are adult novelty shops, and I am 15 minutes from Marion and 30 from kokomo and wabash so like i said very limited on the rentals.

mDust
03-08-2010, 05:02 PM
lol, write your city planner and demand they build more side streets for small businesses to pop up!

You could always make the drive out to a bigger city and do something else while you're there like see a movie with a significant other or hit up a restaurant with some friends. The best part of that is you can trick them into driving.

Liquid_Scope_99
03-08-2010, 10:47 PM
I wouldn't do a blockbuster with your..ahem..

I don't go to blockbuster. I went there once, saw their ridiculous policies, and told them to stick it in their ear. Haven't been back since. I just use Redbox and good ol' Netflix

What he said i love netflix it is a great service and with so much on instant it even better District nine due here Tommorrow

Bopher
03-08-2010, 11:52 PM
I was reading that Redbox is testing game rentals in some bigger areas. I'll be all over that if it comes to my area.